Franciscan Gospel Gathering Calls Forth Questions and Commitment
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity conversed in small groups on the topics of poverty, spiritual growth, community life and aging as part of our Quasi Chapter June 6-8, 2012. After conversations each Sister signed a commitment card promising to practically work on growth in her own life in these areas.
- What do you value about the Franciscan ideal of Poverty?
- What motivates you to live a life of Poverty?
- What supports your personal decisions toward living a life of Poverty?
Commitment: What one thing will I do so to better live Poverty in the next 6-8 months?
- Share a turning point or growth point in your spiritual life-what provoked it?
- What changes in your life did you make because of it?
- Over the years, what has fostered your spiritual growth?
- What has the Commmunity provided to support/foster your spiritual growth?
Commitment: What one thing will I do to foster my spiritual growth in the next 6-12 months?
- Describe a positive experience of community life from your past.
- What do you appreciate about your current local community?
- What contributes to the vitality of your current local community?
Commitment: What change(s) will I make to enhance our community life?
- For you, who are models of healthy, holy aging?
- What are some gifts of aging?
- How does the Community support me in the aging process?
Commitment: What one thing will I do to enhance my current experience of aging?