by Sister Julie Ann on May 1, 2016

Discernment calls big time after graduation. Franciscan Sisters collaborate with Sam Brenner to offer you a free graduation gift of When Your Heart Breaks Through. Listen and breathe in peace. Be open to the moment.St.-Francis-at-peace-with-all-of-creation

Like St. Francis, we invite you to be sensitive to the music and lyrics of a troubadour. Look around you and see the wonder of all the people, places and things that are part of your life. (Photo: St. Francis Chapel stained glass window at Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Motherhouse, Manitowoc, WI)

I’ve always been fascinated by healing and reinvention—the ability to start somewhere, be someone, fail, learn, grow and come out of it a better version of yourself. “When Your Heart Breaks Through” is really about self-improvement and the maturation process. All of us experience challenges in various forms. But I believe our hearts and spirits were made to be resilient. If you listen to your heart and stay true to yourself, you have the ability to get through just about anything.

-Sam Brenner

Enjoy a free song. Right click on this link and save the target as a mp3: When Your Heart Breaks Through

About Sam Brenner

Sam Brenner featured by Franciscan SistersSam is a singer/songwriter. He’s been pretending to play to sold out crowds since he was a little kid. When Sam was 12, his parents bought him his first guitar—an acoustic Yamaha FD01S. That gift was enough to fuel a big dream. Between 2011 and 2013, Sam pursued that dream with fervor and started playing his music in clubs, coffeehouses and colleges all around the country. Thousands of miles, hundreds of shows, dozens of broken guitar strings and two albums later, Sam decided music will always be a part of his life but it didn’t need to be his full-time gig. It was time to bring his talents back to the business world.

Sam has learned a lot at every twist and turn in the road. Every unique experience has helped shape him into the pro that he is today.

Site Link: http://www.sambrenner.com/here-at-home/

Videos: http://www.sambrenner.com/videos/

Live Performance of the Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kfMrMJutPI (House Concert Footage)

8 thoughts on “Discerning Your Call After College – Franciscan Sisters Feature Sam Brenner’s “When Your Heart Breaks Through””

1. annemarielom says:

When Brenner writes, “I believe our hearts and spirits were made to be resilient. If you listen to your heart and stay true to yourself, you have the ability to get through just about anything.” I hear a conviction of grace and the ability to say, “yes” to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I have never regretted being led to new adventures. Thank you for posting a piece supporting all types of discernment.

2. Sister Theresa says:

The song speaks to me of new beginnings. Life is filled with them. At times they are exciting and at times frightening. The constant through all of life’s experiences is God’s overwhelming love. He is that small, still voice that speaks within the heart of each of us. When we allow His voice to break through and guide us, we can trust that we and our future are secure in His hands.

3. Sister Kathleen Murphy says:

I love the lines, “For every rolling stone, there’s a place to call home.” It just speaks of all the journeying and stretching and changing that is just a necessary part of life. Yet amidst all that shifts and changes, we have a home. We have a place in God’s hands that will never change or move, or go away. That surety gives me the peace to make decisions, to set foot on new paths with confidence that I am grounded in a home called God, Father, Savior and Spirit.

4. Sister Annette says:

This song can speak to any age at any time, but as I think back to the times I have left “my heart break through” and trusted the urgings of my heart to God, I can say He made me “brand new”. It is when we do this that we find the greatest happiness and peace in the call of God.

5. Sr. Carmen says:

What kept going through my thoughts as I listened and prayed was “love transforms us”. Being open to Love is like the flower that breaks through the blacktop, shattering the rock with a new and changed life.

6. Bonnie says:

So good to hear your voice again, Sam! I wish you all the happiness this world has to offer ❤️

7. Sister Marcolette Madden says:

Sam, your inspiring song seems especially fitting today, the Feast of Pentecost, when we stand on our Faith and believe that God’s Spirit has the power to give us uplift our hearts and give us resilience.

8. Sister Hannah says:

Sam’s song speaks of brokenness leading to newness. This is resurrection. This is what Easter is about. Suffering has the ability to make us new. It has the ability to change us for the good. If we live in hope in every situation, good will come. Resurrection will occur.