College Art Gallery Dedicated to Franciscan Sisters

by Sister Julie Ann on April 17, 2016

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity-sponsored Silver Lake College of the Holy Family named an art gallery after two of our Sisters who were former professors. Franciscan Sister Mariella and Sister Andree DuCharme recognition7Sister Andree DuCharme and Sister Mariella Erdmann were recognized as the DuCharme Erdmann Gallery was officially dedicated. Sister Andree was unable to attend. The plaque reads:Franciscan Sister Mariella and Sister Andree DuCharme recognition8

DuCharme Erdmann Gallery is dedicated to the legacy of two dedicated artists and educators who served the Silver lake College Community for more than 65 combined years.

He who works with his hands is a laborer.

He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.

He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.

-St. Francis of Assisi

Dedicated April 14, 2016

For more photos, click on our facebook page: https://www.facebook/franciscansistersofchristiancharity/.

We pray for more Sister artists for our world!

8 thoughts on “College Art Gallery Dedicated to Franciscan Sisters”

1. Kelly Christine says:

So well deserved. I was blessed to call them Teacher, Sister, Friend. God be with you both.

2. Pat Molitor says:

It was Sr. Andre who taught me how to really look at art and how to appreciate it. I LOVED her classes. I miss her very much, Is she all right?

3. Gretchen Ringhisen says:

Congratulations Sister Mariella! Hope to see the gallery one day. Your art is truly a great gift from God. Gretchen

4. Sister Andree and Sister Mariella,
    You are both such a blessing and share so much of God’s beauty and goodness through all the wonderful art you have created, inspired, taught and guided! Thank you for being such wonderful instruments of God!

5. annemarielom says:

I benefited greatly from my art instruction and from working in the art department in the Art for Children program for several years. I loved teaching art to children and later incorporated some graphic art into the teaching of elementary and secondary religion. These Sisters gave us a great legacy!

6. Sister Carla says:

Congratulations! I’m so glad this emorial is at our College for you two have contributed so much beauty to our world. You have shared your gifts so generously in teaching others the skills and love for beauty.

7. Pat Molitor says:

Could someone PLEASE answer my question…. Is Sister Andre all right or is she in ill health?

8. Fr. Placid Stroik, OFM says:

Sister Mariella… your beautiful Canticle of the Creatures artwork is a visually and spiritually attracting invitation to joy and it does that in many places, but no better than at Franciscans Downtown in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Thank You Fr. Placid