Francis Month: Streamed Concert by The Saint Francis Band

by Sister Julie Ann on October 1, 2015

October is the month of St. Francis. During this inspiring saint’s feast, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity feature the perfectly-named, streamed concert of The Saint Francis Band and collaborate with them in offering a free download of their song St. Francis. Find goodness and peace not only in this sensitively-written,  soul-moving music, but in all things! Enjoy!

The Saint Francis Band logoThe thing that I like about making music is that I get to leave the songs open for interoperation. Each song will mean something completely different for each person that hears it, and I love that. I can tell you what it means for me, but I wouldn’t want it too take away from what they would mean for somebody else. I write each song from a Non-Fiction point of view, and the subject are focused around real situations, events, emotions, etc. I think that as people come to hear the featured songs; my hopes is that the raw emotion of each tune will evoke feelings of a deep spiritual nature from which they come, and apply that too their own reality.

-J. Scott Baston

Follow the links to purchase more music by the Saint Francis Band.

About The Saint Francis Band

TThe Saint Francis Band is Franciscan SIsters musicians for the monthhe Saint Francis Band was born from a wealth of experience, and knowledge, denouncing negative ego, and replacing it with humanitarianism, and love through the power of music. The Saint Francis Band is a marriage of creative force, radiating from the purest of hearts with the most genuine of souls. The content of their songs relate to everyone through the power of music. Their sound touches the deepest recesses of emotion and heart, and lifts your spirit to a new awareness of what the harmony of musical composition can reach.

The band is signed with Tree Leaf Records out of Atlanta, GA, and All About The Artist Management out of Erie, PA. Recordings include “One of Many” recorded at Star Motel Records of Macon, and mastered at Music Farm Recording of Loganville; single, “Revolution Radio” from John Keane Studios in Athens; and currently in production an album out of Omni Sound in Nashville with Tommy Cooper producing and engineering, and John Keane Studios in Athens. Look for great things out of this stellar band, and join them in their Bubble as they reach new heights of musical expression.

Photo: Logan Wallis – Keys/Organ, J. Scott Baston – Lead Vocals/Guitars, Dustin McCook – Vocals/Guitars, Derek Warren – Bass Guitars, Brandon McCrae – Vocals/Drums, Ansley Stewart – Vocals

Lyrics

Link

www.thesaintfrancisband.com

www.facebook.com/thesaintfrancisband

www.reverbnation.com/thesaintfrancisband

www.twitter.com/thesaintfrancis

27 thoughts on “Francis Month: Streamed Concert by The Saint Francis Band”

1. Sister Angela Paul O.S.F. says:

Wonderful sound, great messages, something new and refreshing in how each song is encased with harmonies and rhythms unique for its message. And I thank you! And pray for your repeated success.

2. Bravo! Well written and expressed music as well as lyrics to each of the songs. Thank you for sharing your inspiring and uplifting music with a message.

3. Sister Mary Frances says:

Thank you for your easy listening music and the messages are great! I listened to all of your pieces…that’s a first for me!

4. Sister Marie Bernadette Dorn says:

Thank you and God bless you in all you do. It assists a sorrowful event in life about to take place. Blessings.

5. May each of us continue to “PASS IT ON” living God’s tremendous love for us in the everyday encounters with Jesus in each other! Thanks so much for the gift of your music St. Francis Band!!!

6. Thanks for showcasing St. Francis and the great love with which he lived the truth. May the spirit of St. Francis continue to inspire you and your music.

7. Sister Carla says:

Your songs spoke to me of our journey through life on earth to our eternal journey.I listened to these songs on the feast of St. Francis. Last night we remembered Francis’ passing from this life to eternal life. Today we are celebrating his new life in Heaven. Our journey in this life has it’s ups and downs. You encourage us to do our best, care for others on the journey, and hold on to our faith in our loving God. Thank you. I really like the accompaniments. Keep shining your light!

8. Francis Band, thank you for the inspirational music & I especially liked the fact it is open-ended for the listener to interpret it in whatever way they meditate & discern WHAT it means in his or her life at this stage in life. I like also when you have the instrumental in between for pauses. God’s blessings in sharing your God-given talents to others!

9. Sr. Delores says:

You are gifted and I thank God for what you are sharing with the world. Music releases so much within, that words cannot express. Your music touched my soul. Blessings to you…

10. Sister Jan says:

Thank you and God bless you for partnering with us in our Franciscan vocation.

11. Abby says:

One word that comes to me is kindness. This song implies that we should put others above ourselves and learn to love and comfort them even if we don’t know them.

12. A.A. says:

While listening to this song, I was able to relax and think about my life and my relationships with God and others.

13. A.G.H. says:

Song speaks from God’s perspective and how he is trying to give us a better life.

14. Leonardo says:

Thoughts that come to mind when I hear this song are about tough times that I went through and I made it out of those times. It is as if God actually picked me up when I’m down.

15. G.C. says:

I think this song shows a great example of how we should all be looking out for each other and be there for each other.

16. L.C. says:

As I listen to this song what came to mind was how Jesus will pick us up when we are down and wipe our tears and sorrows and make our lives easier and full of joy, but you have to accept him.

17. F.E says:

This song brings a rather uplifting mood for me. It’s a song that you can listen to when you are in a good situation.

18. Y.M. says:

As I listen to this song, I think about how God is always there for us. He’s there for us no matter our actions. He stays by our side.

19. D.M. says:

It was a reminder letting me know that Jesus is by my side and will be ready to help me when I need him the most.

20. C.M.H. says:

God is there to pick us up and that’s comforting to me.

21. J.M. says:

When the song said “pick you up when you fall down” I believe this is something that God does to us whenever we are down or not feeling well.

22. Julia says:

This song made me think of all that God has created and how I want to see it all. Especially with him by my side through the whole of my whole life. I really like the folk sound of the band.

23. K.R. says:

Words that come to mind when I listen to this song are peace, love and joy.

24. M.R. says:

The song speaks to me about God, because God sent His only Son to come down and save us. He’s there to lift us up, quiet our fears, and wipe away the tears. He’ll always be there no matter what.

25. M.C. says:

What came to mind was ‘have each others back’ or in other words, take care of one another. I’m not sure why I thought this, but I’m glad that I did because it reminds me that some people need to be reached out to more than others.

26. Sister Theresa says:

Thanks for sharing your gift of music! Our community is focusing on HOPE this year and that message came through to me as I listened to your songs, the hope we give to one another and the hope that we can always place in God’s constant presence and loving care.

27. Maureen Glasow says:

Relaxing an d inspirational; very soothing