Franciscan Sisters’ Community Director Sister Natalie Binversie sends periodic letters to the congregation. In one of her latest memos she began: “Welcome to a new year of Community life and ministry as consecrated women religious living the Gospel and serving God’s people in mercy and in hope.
From the introduction of the letter these ‘Pope Francis’ themes are highlighted:
- Year of the Family
- Year of Consecrated Life
- A Holy Year of Mercy
- Encyclical on the Environment
- Hope (continued from our Motherhouse Community gatherings this summer and given greater focus through Sister Maria Cimpernan, RSCI’s script “Hope Encounters Consecrated Life for Our Times”. It was suggested for viewing and discussion in our local convents.)
Significant to this new Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity year are three new residences for our Sisters. Watch for further news on our Sisters in these new homes.
- St. Francis Convent, West Point, NE
- St. Andrew Convent, Sierra Vista, AZ
- St. Anthony of Padua Convent, Casa Grande, AZ
All of our Sisters in our local communities spend at least 2 days creating an atmosphere for a faith community and planning for the year. We include such matters as the spiritual life, means for creating and atmosphere for forgiveness, concrete practices of penance, daily schedule, local budget, recreation, method of sharing information common to all, etc.
Our God of hope is with us! Please know of our prayers for all who have shared our lives past, present and the days to come!