Franciscan Sisters Welcome Michigan Postulant

by Sister Julie Ann on August 28, 2015

After arriving at the Milwaukee Downtown Amtrak station on Friday afternoon August 28, 2015, Gayle Mazurkiewicz, from Sts. Cyril & Methodius Catholic Parish, Troy, MI., traveled to Manitowoc, WI to take yet one more step in her desire to be a Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity.  Our whole Community celebrated her completion of all requirements to enter the Postulancy. Our hearts are full of joy!

Franciscan Postulant Gayle MazurkiewiczCommunity Director Sister Natalie Binversie led a a simple welcome ritual which took place at 4:45 p.m. in St. Mary Chapel at Evening Prayer.

While our Franciscan Sisters gathered to pray with and for Gayle, we also asked the Lord’s blessing on Sister Mariella Erdmann, Postulant Directress, Sister Florita Schneider and Sister Georgiana Rank who will be assisting with instructions on prayer and our lives as a Franciscan Community. Gayle will be involved in various Motherhouse experiences, studying Theology and Philosophy at Silver Lake College of the Holy Family and witnessing her own faith in various settings.Fraciscan Postulant and Professed Sister team

Are you discerning a call to consecrated life? Click here to learn more about us.

23 thoughts on “Franciscan Sisters Welcome Michigan Postulant”

1. Pat Molitor says:

I am thrilled to see a new postulant and I pray for her discernment and her desire to follow God’s will. God bless her.

2. Kelley Zimmer says:

Wonderful news, will keep Gayle in prayer as she continues her journey.

3. Sister Annette says:

Welcome Gayle, we are blessed by your desire and promise our prayerful support of you on your journey.

4. annemarielom says:

I am so happy I was able to be present for the welcome and blessing of Gayle. We thank God for each women desiring to discern her call.

5. Sister Carmen Marie says:

Welcome Gayle! You are in my prayers!

6. WELCOME & God’s choicest BLESSINGS to you, Gayle! You have been lifted up in prayer here in our St. Benedict’s Convent Chapel, Cambridge, Ohio & will continue to be remembered throughout the year. Tuck a prayer away for us also, o.k.?

7. Sister Anne says:

Gayle, thank you for responding wholeheartedly God’s invitation! I are most happy to have you with us. Be assured of my support in prayer and in presence here at the Motherhouse.

8. Sister Charleen Acker says:

Welcome, Gayle, as you join us. I live with the other postulant, Mary, in Yuma and she is eager to meet you.We pray for the guidance of the Spirit as you continue your journey.

Sister Charleen Acker

9. Blessings on you Gayle as you live among us and discern. It was great to meet you in person at Saint Bernard Church for the Green Bay Diocesan Jubilee celebration!

10. Sister Carol Seidl says:

Welcome to our Franciscan Community! You are in my prayers and that of my students at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School in Casa Grande, AZ.

11. Sister Monica says:

I am so happy that you have entered. Be assured of my prayers for you in this time of transition!

12. Sister Sarah says:

Welcome to FSCC Gayle. May your love continue to grow and your transition be peace-filled. Praying for you.

13. Sister Theresa says:

Welcome, Gayle! We have prayed for vocations to our community and thank God for sending you to us. Be assured of my continued prayerful support as you continue to discern His will in your life.

14. It is such a joy to welcome you into our Postulancy Gayle!!!! I´m so glad we had a chance to meet during the summer! Know of my prayers for you as you begin this new journey with Jesus and all of us!!!!

15. Sister Marialee says:

Gayle,
    God rejoices over you with gladness
    And Quiets you with His love!
    With prayer and welcome,
    Sister Marialee

16. Sister Jan says:

Gayle, Michiganders unite! So happy to have you.

17. Nakimbugwe claire says:

welcome Gayle you have chosen the best part

18. Sr. Rose Maura says:

Thanks be to God for the gift of vocation. Welcome Gayle, I thank God that you have chosen, or rather; Christ has chosen this vocation for you. May Christ who has began this work in you bring it to completion. Be assured of my prayers for you. God bless.

19. Gayle, welcome and be assured of my prayerful remembrance of you as you journey with us. God is with you!
    Peace and All Good,

20. Sister Judanne Stratman says:

Welcome, Gayle! May you find these days of Postulancy a blessing for you! With prayer for you, Sister Judanne

21. Sister Carla says:

Gayle, welcome! I pray the Lord will continue to confirm your desire to give your all to Him. Thanks for responding to His call.

22. I am very proud of my daughter Gayle. It takes courage to say yes I will do what God is calling me to do. You left everything to follow Him. Know that I am praying for you everyday to do God’s will.

23. Frank Chudy says:

I’m thinking of you and offering a prayer from time to time for God’s blessings on you as you follow your vocation