Franciscan Sisters Free Song: Lead Me to the River by Mags Wang

by Sister Julie Ann on June 1, 2015

As we ask the Lord to take pity on us in our daily lives, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity offer free download Lead Me to the River by Mags Wang. A finalist in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, St. Francis would find great comfort in this song that pleads for true conversion of self so we can be called to be blessed in the graces of being our best selves.

Everyone relates to someone in the Bible, and this “someone” can change depending on where we find ourselves in our life journey. While at times, I relate to the little children running to Jesus in childlike abandonment, more often than not, life can feel like a never ending journey as a blind man waiting for the waters to be stirred so that I may be free of my sufferings, my doubts, and my frailty.

While in the verses of “Lead Me To The River”, I give my testimony of the life-struggles that blind me from peace of mind and heart, the chorus is a prayer to the Lord. And this prayer asks nothing more than for the Lord to take pity on me, as He did with the blind man in John 9, and to lead me to the river of Life – with me, in spite of me, and for love of me.

-Mags Wang

About Mags

Maggie WangMags is a 20 year old Canadian jazz-contemporary pop singer, songwriter and faith speaker from a small farm community in Ontario, Canada, and is the 3rd oldest child of a family with 9 children. Clinically diagnosed with depressive and anxiety disorders. Mags views singing and song-writing not only as a talent but as an opportunity to inspire and encourage others to seek God through suffering and pain even when He feels farthest away.

Currently, at age 20, Mags is a 2x nominee at the Canadian Gospel Music Association awards and songwriter finalist in the international John Lennon Songwriting International Competition and a Canadian speaker. Read more her career that began at age 13.

Mags kick started 2014 in Florida by winning the American Idol Experience competition. Her newest album, When I Fall in Love, a live-off-the-floor Jazz record with classics and originals. It is the first music album ever recorded in both 3D visual and binoral sound, tailored specifically for the up-and-coming gaming device, the Occulus Rift, but also available in standard 2D visual and sound (standard mp3 format). Read more.

Lyrics

Link:

www.magsthesinger.com (tour dates are on that website)

www.youtube.com/magsthesinger

www.twitter.com/magsthesinger

www.facebook.com/magsthesinger

39 thoughts on “Franciscan Sisters Free Song: Lead Me to the River by Mags Wang”

1. AJG says:

This song made me think about getting through the struggles in life. I also thought about the fact that I knew God would always be their with me. I know that he never leaves my side.

2. Olivia says:

I really liked this song. The melody is soothing at some parts, and it sort-of reminds me of my life when I am going through tough times. I just need to hang on and go right through it. I know that it will get better at some point.

3. Maggie says:

I enjoyed this song. I found it very inspiring and allowed me to think of my own life as well. =)

4. Emma says:

Listening to the song, I felt it had a lot of meanings. Such as at the beginning I felt she was very down so she should try to find more joy in life. But towards the middle when she began talking about God I felt she was trying to find more joy.
    – Emma

5. Isabel Cegielski says:

This song made me feel like people have different lives than others and its not like all girls feel exited when something exiting happens so we all have different emotions when all girls should be happy or exited.

6. molly says:

I liked the song a lot and I think that it’s telling you that she needed God to help her and guide her through life.

7. Kenenna says:

This song can definitely speak to everyone in a difficult situation. These lyrics remind me that though I can feel like a blind man at times, putting my trust in the Lord is my sure refuge. The Lord can lead me to the river where I can find life and renewal.

8. Ana Galuzny says:

I really liked this song of the month. It was very inspiring and meant a lot.When it said” lead me to the river” I thought of a huge group leading Jesus to a river with him saying lead me to the river just lead me to the river.

9. Kate G. says:

This song was really cool. It led you up to happiness. It started really sad, but then it turned happy as the girl found her joy in Jesus, and that is what everyone finds their joy.

10. Kaye Hannah says:

I really enjoyed this song. It was calming and beautiful. The words definitely touched me. I love it!

11. Yerani De Lourdes Luna Adame says:

The song of the month was very good and gave a very good message. The song talks about how the girl was having a really hard time, but once she turned to God, everything turned better, she just needed to have faith in God. The message that this song carried was that you need to trust in God, and know that God gave you the life that you have because he knew you were strong enough to live it.

12. Sophia says:

I can definitely relate to this song. I have had a lot of times in my life when I have felt the way that the woman in the song feels. Eventually I have found that God and my faith life helps me to get through what I have been going through. This song is awesome. I usually don’t like country-style songs but this is going to be stuck in my head for a long time.

13. MaryAnn says:

I really liked the song! It brought a lot of emotions to me. You really had to listen to the words of the song to get the full meaning.

14. Clare Galuzny says:

I think this song can be sad but also inspiring. My favorite line was ” I believe.” I thought of the word Amen because it means I believe. I also like how it was dark at the beginning and happy at the end.

15. Erin Choat says:

This song was very touching and it made me think about what God’s plan might be for me.

16. Grace says:

I really liked the song because it resembled our lives and how sometimes we want to just die because something embarrassing, or something that made you angry happened.

17. Bell says:

I think song revealed what most people go through in their hearts, even myself. The song speaks about her own problems and before her problems kill her heart/soul she goes to the only one that knows all problems of life, JESUS. She’s almost at her ending point and she asks Jesus to take the wheel and not really take her away from her problems but take her hand and go through her problems with her.

18. Brigid L says:

I this is how a lot of people feel alone, failing, struggling, and in need of grace or a savior. I think that everyone somewhere in their lifetime feels this way in the only cure we can get the only person that will/can help us is Jesus.

19. Nikki says:

The song is song that any young woman can relate to. It talks about being alone, in pain, and feeling like there are no other options, but it tells us that there is God even in the darkest night. There is one option that is God.

20. Rachel says:

She had a beautiful voice! I thought her message was very relatable. Most people don’t like to talk about the dark times in life, when truly that is what we need to address in order to help people.

21. Marie says:

this song is cool because it is sad and depressing in the beginning, and in the end it is joyous; because of the trust put in God.

22. Caleigh Lippert says:

I loved this song. It started out so sad at the beginning. I loved it because she sings about the struggles that she goes through in her life and then at the end the song turns around because she allowed Jesus into her life to help her get through her struggles.

23. Brittany says:

the song is about a girl turning to God which is really good

24. Grace says:

The song is easy to understand and the music flows well, making it very effective overall.

25. Rachel says:

This song has many different feelings and moods that can make a person happy or sad. It can speak to all types of people in any situation. When something goes wrong or when others have trouble this song can turn things around and show us we need joy in life.

26. Ally says:

While listening to this song I thought of Jesus leading a bunch of people to a river to be baptized. And it made me think how other people are leading you to a “imaginary” river.

27. cat says:

I think this song was very well sung , I can relate with how sad she feels . Great song

28. Alexandra says:

I enjoyed this song very much! I liked how it had a peppy beat even though the song’s lyrics started off negatively. This musical effect parallels how we should remain aware (sometimes deep in our subconscious) of the joy that comes from god even though the situation of our state of mind is in a sad place. God is joy!

29. This song was very touching to me because I can connect to what she is saying in my own life. Even though we can’t see him , God is always there and has a plan for you in the end.

30. Lulu says:

I love this song. It’s heart warming. <3

31. Bella T. says:

I think the song has a bit of irony to it. It has a happy, uptown beat, while she’s discussing her own problems and how she was upset

32. Mariah says:

I enjoyed this song. It reminded me that Jesus is always there for us we just have to believe and trust in him.

33. Lyndsey says:

I think that it was a good idea for the writer of this song to include some hard times that kids might have too like being late for class and having to make up an excuse again. I think that helped kids to connect to the song better.

34. Jasmine says:

This song to me means that even when you’re ready to give up, look to Jesus and He will save you.

35. Rose says:

this song talks about how you should respect life and always listen and think about God.

36. gabby says:

I really like this song because its relatable when you’re sad and it speaks to so many different people with the same feelings. plus God can get you through everything and that’s what he’s here for. yeah…

37. Kiara Glandon says:

I really like the song that we heard (“Bring Me to the River”). I like this song because it will be able to cheer me up when I am sad. By following along to it, I was able to feel very peaceful. I felt like God was walking with me to a pretty, flowing river!

38. Star says:

Well I like the song it is very sad and this girl have feelings sometimes I feel like this but think of the goods times I had and I say that it is worth it you live it is very beautiful to have life. This song is very sad I can feel what she is saying and I get it but that doesn’t mean to die you need to thing and get help! but I like the song and it is so truthful. The song is inspiring. I like it!!!!

39. Mags says:

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on my song. It means so much to me that you see Christ in my music and that Jesus speaks to you through the song. God bless you all, and keep me in your prayers! <3