Camp Franciscan 2015 Officially Opens

by Sister Julie Ann on June 17, 2015

Camp Franciscan 2015 begins today. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity welcome 38 junior high campers. Along with a strong Sister-staff volunteers, 16 camp leaders ages 15-24 are also assisting with camp activities. Add 7 other adults who are helping as chaperones and distance drivers and one visiting priest from Cambridge, OH.

Camp Franciscan

Camp Franciscan 2

We have a lot of company! We love it!

Campers are from 6 states, 7 (arch) dioceses, and 25 parishes. Some are relatives of our Sisters or from places where our Sisters serve throughout the United States.  Camp Franciscan3Others heard of the camp through internet invitations. Among the group are those sincerely focused in discerning a call to be a Franciscan Sister. This experience provides a awesome opportunity to work along side us. Camp Franciscan4To watch for more pictures, click here. We promise to share the good news!

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Camp Franciscan

8 thoughts on “Camp Franciscan 2015 Officially Opens”

1. Crystal says:

Looks like fun!! We will keep you all in our prayers.

2. annemarielom says:

It is a joy to be here to experience the joy and laughter these young ladies bring to our home. I hope you can follow our Camp Franciscan the next few days!

3. Sister Theresa says:

What a blessing to have these young women visiting our home. They are a sign of great hope for the future of our Church in their enthusiasm, their positive attitudes, and sincere desire to grow in their love for the Lord!

4. Sr. Catherine Gilles says:

I’m sure it will be a wonderful experience for everyone. You are all in my thoughts and prayers from lovely Beilstein Germany.

5. M.A. says:

Camp Franciscan was a great experience. I had a lot of fun meeting new people, making new friends, and participating in the cool activities. I am looking forward to coming back next year.

6. K.G. says:

Camp Franciscan is the best camp ever!!! All of the leaders, campers, and Sisters are so nice!!! When you come to this camp, you will feel that you are united with everybody! This is guaranteed! Come have a great time at Camp Franciscan!!!

7. J.P. says:

I enjoyed camp so much! I really miss it, the sisters, and all the friends I made. I don’t really have any ideas of how to make camp better. I thought it was perfect. I hope to come back next year and have lots of fun!

8. K.T. says:

Volunteering to be a leader of Camp Franciscan was a great decision! Not only did it allow me to teach and share more about my faith with the campers but spend quality time with other leaders also discerning and sisters. Seeing how sisters live their daily life helped me see religious life as much of a possibility as married life.