Franciscan Free Download: Serenity by Arthur Lee Land

by Sister Julie Ann on April 6, 2015

Aware that many of us seek peace during the Easter Season, as we prepare for the end of another semester of classes or desire more confidence as we take steps toward our future, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity offer a free song Serenity by Arthur Lee Land.

St. Francis desired a peace that included a closeness with God, harmony with other people and all creation and integrity within himself. St. Clare wrote: “What you do, may you always do, and never abandon, but with swift pace light step, and unswerving feet, so that even your steps stir up no dust, go forward securely, joyfully, and swiftly on the path of prudent happiness.” (Image of Assisi: Brigette Hartges)

I have been co-writing songs with Arthur Lee Land for about 18 years now.  We’ve been married for 29 years this May!!!!  I am a non-performing lyricist.  Our songs are deep collaborations that sometimes come out complete in a few hours and other times take weeks, months or never get completed. The song Serenity happened about 5 years into songwriting together.  Franciscan Sisters highlight Brigette Hartges photo of Assisi

Arthur was playing the acoustic guitar in the living room and I was doing something else when the music struck a feeling in me and inspired me to start writing.  It was a stormy evening and we had candles lit.  I had been thinking a lot about prayer and what kind of feeling,  sense of space or result I was wanting.  The word Serenity came through and whatever dictionary I looked up the definition in stated: shining, bright and steady. I could  not have come up with a better definition of the feeling I was hoping to create when I prayed.

These became the opening words and I realize the moments we humans  experience in life that create any Serenity are indeed truly blessed moments that heal the heart and create open space for life to flow through.  I am so incredibly grateful to experience the words I write played and recorded by an incredible musician, Arthur Lee Land, who continually inspires me to write!  Thanks for listening. -Carol Lee

About Arthur Lee Land

Lyons Colorado based singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, innovative “Loop-Artist” and educator Arthur Lee Land plays an eclectic fusion of folk-rock, AfroGrass (worldbeat/bluegrass) and electronica. Touring as an unforgettable solo act using the Art of Live-Looping to create a full band sound by layering vocals, guitars, banjo, mandolin, bass, African percussion, drum samples, beat boxing and other electronic sonic textures and effects. Watch the Art of Live-Looping 2min Video Press Kit:  http://youtu.be/Q_eQ3g-xhgg

Arthur Lee Land, released his 4th album Cracked Open in May of 2013 on Perfect Groove Records. Musically speaking, Electro-Americana may best describe Arthur Lee Land’s groundbreaking style that is driven by the integration of sophisticated musical, emotional and spiritual juxtapositions but cannot fully explain the unique dynamics at work when Arthur enters the studio or takes the stage.

Franciscan Sisters feature Arthur Lee Land on Franciscanized WorldArthur’s intuitive collaboration with his non-performing lyricist/wife Carol Lee is an integral part of the artistic landscape of Arthur Lee Land. Arthur’s autobiographical song and music video “Good Enough” has been used to raise awareness and money for AbleChild: Parents for Label and Drug Free Education—a nationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to parents, caregivers and ADD/ADHD children’s rights. AbleChild Co-Founder Sheila Matthews says “AbleChild is thrilled to see such a talented musician recognize that children possess an innate, creative spirit that needs to be nurtured and channeled rather than subdued by psychiatric labels and drugs.

Arthur should be viewed as a role model for all our children so that they know they can be themselves, learn, and succeed” If you or anyone you know has children that are labeled “ADD/ADHD” please check out: http://www.ablechild.org As a pioneer of and global expert in The Art of Live-Looping with 20+ years’ experience in the field of youth education, Arthur has been on staff at the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival Song School in Lyons CO since 2003 teaching guitar and “Art of Live-Looping” classes. Arthur’s inspirational and interactive K-12 school assembly programs and workshops have reached over 50,000 students in over 25 states across the country. For tour dates, music, videos and artist info visit: www.arthurleeland.com

Lyrics

Social Media

www.youtube.com/arthurleeland

www.facebook.com/arthurleelandmusic

www.twitter.com/arthurleeland

Educational Outreach

www.artoflivelooping.com

31 thoughts on “Franciscan Free Download: Serenity by Arthur Lee Land”

1. S.H. says:

Music is what drives me. All kinds of music.

2. Sister Theresa says:

What a beautiful reflection on prayer and what a fitting way to begin this time of prayer and presence to the Lord during this Holy Week.
    Thank you for sharing a song that truly touches the heart.

3. Sister Kathleen says:

As spring bursts all around us here in the south, this song is a peaceful reminder that the greatest and most astounding things so often happen in silence, in serenity. Great way to start the day!

4. seeking says:

Thank you. Peaceful. Hopeful.

5. Sr. Delores says:

We just had someone go home to heaven… What comfort your music brings!

6. A.H. says:

We have busy lives and sometimes forget God. God puts messages in songs so we can hear Him.

7. Tekla says:

A song helps us understand the human condition and see other people struggle too.

8. K.W. says:

Music is my everything so I am thankful to God for giving me music. This song is very relatable for me.

9. Gabi H. says:

This song speaks to me as a person who has a lots of things going on and it’s stressful and they just want it to stop and just have serenity.
    I find serenity in art because I feel that in art there are no rules and there is no end in how far you can go with it.
    God is an image of peace to me because I see him sitting on a throne sitting peacefully, listening to everyones prayers with his eyes closed.

10. Salynn says:

The song speaks to me by putting a picture in my mind that he’s talking about and this sound in the song sounds like country. I like country music.
    I found serenity in this song, by talking about it and thinking about it.
    God is an image of peace by bringing love to his children and passing it on to other people making them feel calm.

11. Heidi says:

You can find serenity…in people. People who actually take the time to learn about God and shares His word. Serenity is in everybody, you just have to find it for yourself.

12. Karissa says:

I find serenity (peace) when I’m listening to my music when I’m alone and when I’m with my beyond beautiful grandma!

13. T.F.H. says:

I find serenity in the church because it is so peaceful in there and quiet.

14. D.A.P. says:

This song gives me an image of what serenity will be like. It will give me happiness and peace for eternal life.
    I mostly find serenity when I sing and or listen to music and when I babysit my baby brother/cousin. Both things give me happiness.
    God just wants us to be kind and loving to one another. All He wants is peace in the world.

15. H.H.W. says:

It speaks to me by like saying that all you need is peace to be happy.
    I find serenity by sitting in my room by myself with music and no light on because it calms me down.
    God is an image of Peace to me because He can make everything better and make the bad things go away.

16. L.J. says:

This song makes me feel like anywhere we go there is always that peace of Serenity. Especially in heaven, and knowing that God gives us that piece of Serenity everywhere I go.

17. I.C.J. says:

I think that this song is saying to me that you can find serenity where ever you wish if you just believe, like in your dreams or like when something goes wrong you can think of serenity.
    Where I find Serenity, I find it the most peaceful way like with my family and when I feel safe in my family’s hands.
    I’ve never seen God, but, I think that His face looks like He is proud to see me and He will give me a peaceful life in heaven and in his house.

18. NJM says:

The song speaks to me I feel through prayer. When I listen to it, it makes me think of prayer.
    I find serenity in music. Music helps me relax and just get in touch with myself and just reflect in life.
    To me God is an image of peace because He is peace.

19. Ariana says:

He is an image of Peace to me because you can pray to him without being judged or put down for something your praying about.
    I find peace when I’m by myself in a quiet room there’s really no specific place just somewhere quiet.

20. Emilie says:

This song makes me feel calm and really makes the room really peaceful. I find serenity somewhere that is colorful, or at night when the stars are out, a peace that is quiet. God is an image of peace to me because in the most horrible situations he is calm.

21. A.M.B says:

This song speaks to me and tells me that Serenity is a good thing that helps you get through life and you don’t need nothing more. Just Serenity…

22. Kayla says:

This song seems like the person who wrote this song is stressed and singing makes him or her feel happy.
    I find serenity when I’m with my family.
    To me God is an image of peace and he would take all the pain away.

23. H.E.J. says:

This songs says to me that you are in heaven and looking on how beautiful it is and maybe Jesus sees you and that’s why in the song it says, “So much beauty flowing through my heart.” Because it is so peaceful and when you are in heaven, or me, we, “ask for nothing more.

24. S.E.P. says:

God is an image of peace to me. Peace to me is going to church, listening to the priest who is talking about God and Jesus. It is also when the priest is talking about Jesus’s life. I can picture what he (the priest) is talking about. All those things that he did for all of us!

25. P.H.S. says:

The song speaks to me by its calmness and what it’s saying. I find serenity when I am by myself. God is an image of peace when I see a beautiful view from a mountain.

26. Serina says:

God is an image of Peace because He brings peace to the world. I find serenity when I go to church or when we are working with a group of people.

27. Faithy says:

To me I see God like He’s telling us what it looks like in heaven.
    P.S. I love the song!

28. E.I.C. says:

This song speaks to me because it is telling me about where you can find serenity and how it feels.
    I find serenity in books or when I read.
    God is an image of peace because I know he loves all of us and He is peace.

29. S. B. says:

Music is a way God can communicate with us and it portrays a message.

30. L.F. says:

God uses the lyrics to get through to me, especially when I am thinking real hard about the song.

31. S.Y. says:

As I listen to the song, there are many things going on in my life that can lead me away from God.