We began the new year with special guests. Our Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity January 3, 2015 Holy and Whole Women Day was truly a New Year Experience to remember and most probably to repeat!
Sister Anne Marie Lom, Judy Turba (Norbertine Spirituality Center, De Pere, WI) and Father Placid Stroik OFM together invited sharing across the generations. Grandmothers, Mothers, Aunts and daughters had quality time together. Liturgical music was provided by our Sister musicians both at Holy Hour and the closing Sunday liturgy. It created an atmosphere of joyful contemplation of our loving God.
- There were 30 women who came.
- Their comments were very positive on our home, decorations, food, friendliness and hospitality. Some wanted to begin planning for next year!
- We do mention religious vocations during days like this and the women are invited to ask questions. This day grew out of comments made when parents drop off girls for Camp Franciscan, “When will you have something for us?”
- There was good face to face invitations given by our Sisters. This was a first step. Facebook pages, Twitter, Google + and requests for announcements in Church bulletins were sent out a couple hours away in all directions.
- MOST IMPORTANT: our Sisters prayed for those that God was calling to attend this event. That is always most effective. We are grateful.