Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Jerianne Stelmach shares a festive snack mix anticipating the Feast of the Incarnation, a feast of celebrating the abundant goodness of God. This recipe is perfect for large groups of guests. If you would like to serve something just a little bit different, with a dash of color and a great salty, sweet taste, this might be your home-y recipe. Save it for campus housing gatherings in the new year.
8 cups Small pretzels
2 cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
1 1/2 cups Dry Roasted Almonds
1/2 cup Butter Blend
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 12 oz pkg M&M’s
2 cups Pecans, cut in 1/2
2 cups Walnuts, cut in 1/2
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and grease 2 18×36 large pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, peanuts, almonds, pecans and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter blend and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and the baking soda.
- The mixture will foam. Pour over pretzel/nut mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour this mixture into greased pans and bake for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and pour unto paper to dry.
- While drying sprinkle M&M’s and gently mix through.
- Cool snack mix and store in airtight containers.