How do you meet a Franciscan Sister? Ask us to meet us where you are. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Sister Carmen Marie Diaz, Sister Mary Ann Spanjers just arrived back to Wisconsin after an incredible tour that involved meeting truly good people in various stops in MS, LA, TX, OK and NE. We will continue to tell you stories in the days ahead, but just wanted to say thank you today for all your prayers and kindness to us.
Our ‘on the road’ travels include conversations along the way with young women desiring to know more about our way of life. Eucharistic Adoration to Action presentations to St. Albert Young Adults October 20 beginning with Mass at 6:30 p.m. and University Catholic Center with Austin Musician Paul Finley October 22 at 7 p.m. were more than what we could have imagined.
More special thanks:
- October 16: St. Francis of Assisi Convent, Greenwood, MS (Sister Kathleen and Sister Elena took time with us to see the sights of this historical place. We enjoyed every minute!)
- October 17: Natchez, MS; Thibodaux, LA, Ponchatoula, LA (Important conversations happened and we are grateful for each person we met!)
- October 18: St. Austin, Austin, TX (It is not every day that one arrives amid a Longhorn football game. We couldn’t help but feel we were in Green Bay, but with burnt orange being the color of choice!)
- October 19: St. Albert Parish, Austin, TX, Round Rock, TX (Multi-cultural Mass called for prayer for the world!)
- October 20: St. John Paul II Life Center, St. Albert Parish, Austin, TX 6:30 p.m. Mass followed by talk and holy hour (Every moment of our lives is important! Young adults were deep thinkers and found true happiness in time with Jesus.)
- October 21: Texas A&M (We now have a walking understanding of this university that is steeped in tradition. Daily Mass with more than 100 strong young people is a cherished memory! Again, discernment conversations were sincere and thoughtful.)
- October 22: University of Texas, University Catholic Center, Austin, TX, 7 p.m. prayerful holy hour (Paulist Father Ed Nowak and Dorothy couldn’t have been more accommodating and the young people not only were good conversationalists, but it was evident they find their strength in God. Paul Finley made the holy hour a spiritual high with his professionally-outstanding guitar fingering!)
- October 23: Norman OK, Omaha, NE (This women’s discernment group is asking the right questions and truly were gracious in meeting us near the interstate. We were fortified with Eucharist and a Sisterly breakfast with Sister Renee in Omaha before doing the last leg of the journey!)
- October 24: Manitowoc, WI (We were met with other inquiries from young women in this area and welcome another discerner for a weekend experience. It couldn’t be better than that! We invite you to visit us soon or invite us to meet you where you are! Click here.