With a theme of’ Christ for All Nations, Christ for the Whole World’, Camp Franciscan Entertainment June 19, 2014 continued to set the tone of the days. While including a choir and ski camper action, special to this evening’s program was our International Sister Students studying at Silver Lake College of the Holy Family who shared their own native dances. Indeed, it was an enriching experience!
- Star Spangled Banner
- America the Beautiful
- Glee Reigns in Galilee, Hebrew Folk Song arranged by James Roberts
- Banuwa, Folk song from Liberia
- Panamam tombe arranged by James Rooker
- Merry Minstrels arranged by Robert Jameson
- Happiness by Clark Gesner, arranged by Wesley Schaum
- Kamiano Aloha, song honoring St. Damien, by Puakea Nogelmerer and Robert M. Monday
- This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie
- You Are My Sunshine
Since the beginning of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity’s camp, Sister Kathleen Murphy’s has been creating a skit with a Franciscan plot. This year was no different. The curtain opens on Father Francis’ peace being compromised with the beginning of the Poor Clare Community and trying to decide what habit they should wear. Brother Giles suggests to Francis that they might need a cultural committee to envision a ceremony fitting for the Poor Clare Sisters who wish to give themselves completely to the Lord.
Sister Mariella Erdmann captured the evening entertainment photos; Sister Regina Rose Pearson shared her first day leadership day photos. Other images were taken by Photographer Ben Wideman from The Compass, Diocese of Green Bay.