It was an obvious, forth-coming, ‘apostolic moment’. When the Diocese of Green Bay arranged for ENCOUNTER (a young adult new evangelization outreach) to be hosted at St. Peter the Fisherman Parish, Two Rivers, WI, on March 15, 2014 and then invited Father Peter Mitchell to preach, ‘St. Peter’ was set-up as second in focus only to Jesus present in the Eucharistic Monstrance in the center of the sanctuary.
- Phil Lawson, Young Adult Ministry Discipleship and Formation Coordinator, was first to welcome everyone in church, but quick to pass the mike to a young woman who offered a young adult perspective on Eucharistic Adoration. (Rumor has it the next young adult to share at a future event may be a Silver Lake College of the Holy Family Theology student!)
- Father Peter began Eucharistic Adoration quite profoundly with a simple walk from the tabernacle to the main altar.
- On cue, Jon LaRoche and band played Matt Maher’s lyrics: ‘I need you, Lord I need you. Every hour I need you. My one defense, my righteousness, Oh God, how I need you.”
- Monitoring well the balance of music and silence, musicians also later assisted another guitarist and two singers from St. Philip Parish, Green Bay, WI, who broaded the prayer time to include Spanish.
- Father Daniel Schuster, Father Quinn Mann and Father Bill Brunner healed penitents through the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- A team of young adults offered further individual prayer support.
Click here to find out more about the next ENCOUNTER at St. Raphael Parish, Oshkosh, WI.