Announcing an Awesome Catholic Year of Faith Song

by Sister Julie Ann on November 1, 2013

We Franciscan Sisters will soon be “opening the door” on a special collaboration that looks back to World Youth Day in Rio, and ahead to Pope Francis’ celebration of the Year of Faith’s conclusion. In the meantime, please enjoy revisiting some of the remarkable artists from Rio and Brazil that we featured earlier this year.

297px-Hunt_Light_of_the_WorldKnock… and the door will be opened.

Lua by Marco Esch

Click here to listen.

Light From Everything by Márcio Falchet

Click here to listen.

Mois De Um Milhao (One in One Million) by 7 ESTRELO

Click here to listen.

While waiting in expectant hope for the outpouring of many more blessings on our world, we invite you to listen to our own Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity theme song ‘Peace and All Good’ and reflect on what God calls you to be at the conclusion of this year of faith? one year from now?

Click here to freely download Peace and all good.

“Faith is not a light that scatters all our darkness but a lamp that guides our steps in the night and suffices for our journey…It’s light does not simply brighten the interior of the church, nor does it serve solely to build an eternal city in the hereafter; it helps us build our societies in such a way that they can journey toward a future of hope.” [Lumen Fidei: Encyclical, Pope Francis]

[Image: The Light of the World, March 1851, William Holman Hunt; See this link.]

19 thoughts on “Announcing an Awesome Catholic Year of Faith Song”

1. Kirsti says:

(LUA) My smile costs nothing. Just as the light of the sun can be reflected by the moon in the darkness of night so the light of Christ can be reflected in my smile in our dark world. All are affected by moon glow, but not all regard it. Is my light effective and reaching others?

2. Gail says:

I like the thought that we are moons reflecting the sun to those who are stuck in the dark of night! Beautiful Franciscan poetry!

3. Deb says:

That even in the darkest times of life situations, God is always there for me. His Son is always shining for me and all the world.

4. Belinda says:

I have always felt God strongly in the darkness with a candle or the moon. I think this is because in times of great suffering I grew closest to Jesus-He is my light and comfort!

5. Christine says:

Beautiful, simple words. Simple melody. Very rhythmic and soothing.

6. Patricia says:

Gentle
    Like rain drops-of our own small deeds lived out as God’s love, caring, constancy with us.

7. Paula says:

Music with words can lead me to a deep and more profound prayer and or understanding. For me it can take to a deeper meaning of the words.

8. Steve says:

(LUA) Soothing and graceful-helps me to come to peace with my soul

9. Patty says:

I often find myself singing a hymn as I am driving or making dinner. It helps me make my everyday tasks a prayer.

10. Laura says:

Music takes worship to a higher level for me. It enhances these experiences-the music travels deep into my inner self-my soul.

11. Julie says:

Often when people find themselves in the darkness, they need someone to help them find the light of Christ. Our job in fulfilling our baptismal call is to be that light for someone; to be their full moon.

12. KMcD says:

God is always there for us and will infuse our spirits. With his peace, love and joy if we remain willing conduits to his light and love.

13. BT says:

Growing up with liturgical music, it speaks volumes and adds a huge dimension to my life, and fills my heart.

14. James says:

Tones of clocks ticking, in numerous tones in the background
    There was an ebb and flow, up and down movement to the song, similar to ocean waves, directly effected by the moon, with the tides.
    The natural clock of many cultures…

15. Jim says:

The words tell us to reflect God’s light into the darkness of the world so that others see the love and peace of God through us.

16. Kurt says:

Sun is light, bringing hope and faith.
    We are the full moon, bringing light to people in the dark and cold.

17. Kevin says:

Singing a song, especially in community is a wonderful way for me to feel closer to Christ and to those around me. He helps me to focus on His love in a special way that I may never come across in spoken, or written words.

18. cs says:

Music reaches directly to the heart, which very little else seems to archive. It’s something I need to remember more often.

19. MH says:

Music creates and stirs an emotion and that emotion energizes.