Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Chapter News Reporters Sister Ellen Pachmayer, Sister Jan Villemure and Sister Monica Martin share more of Chapter 2013.
The primary purpose of the General Chapter is:
- to protect the intention of the foundresses concerning the nature, purpose, spirit and character of the Congregation ratified by the Holy See, as well as the wholesome traditions of the Congregation, all of which constitute its patrimony;
- to promote suitable renewal in accord with this patrimony
- to elect the Community Director and her council
- to treat major business matters
- to publish norms which all are bound to obey.