by Sister Julie Ann on May 1, 2013

As we await the celebration of Pentecost-the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles-and find strength in our unity with all the Church of God in heaven and earth, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity continue a momentum of World Youth Day listening and praying with Brazilian artists. We invite you to freely download a transcendent sounding composition ‘Mois de Um Milhao’ by 7 ESTRELO textured with varied sonic synthesizers.

Yuma-Catholic-High School where we Franciscan Sisters serve.

St. Francis of Assisi’s earliest manuscript of the Letter to the Faithful resonates with this song’s ‘One in One million’ call to unity as a pilgrim people not only to World Youth Day, but all of our lives: “All those who love the Lord with their whole heart, with their whole soul and mind, with their whole strength and love their neighbor as themselves, who hate their bodies with their vices and sins, who receive the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, and who produce worthy fruits of penance.

from-Yuma--AZ-Where-Franciscan-Sisters-serveO how happy and blessed are these men and women while they do such things and persevere in doing them, because the Spirit of the Lord will rest upon them and make its home and dwelling place among them, and they are children of the heavenly Father Whose works they do, and they are spouses, brothers and mothers of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

7 ESTRELO - Mais de Um MilhaoThis song was written after the true experience of life when a person that you love so much, your father and master, dies in the human form. You accept because it is the natural law of existence, not just of human beings but every form in the manifestation of life and you start to recognize yourself in the others in more than a million beings and lives. A million for a human reason is too much, more than this is poetry. We need to be inside of each existence and live our place in the creation, because everything that we are, in a human point of view, won´t exist in some years anymore. Your Spirit must believe in a continuous Life,  before this and after Death, in the Eternal Spirit. How much more you can be with? And the ”One” answer taught: ” More than a Million”.

-Bruno Tonelli

About 7 ESTRELO

The 7 Estrelo is a World Music duo formed in 2007 by André Lanari and Bruno Tonelli, in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Based upon the electronic genre and influenced by many other styles, the work presents broad conception of music played through creative mix of guitar, bass, flutes, voices, beats and synths.

Copyright in letters, poetry and linked to positive sound elements drawn from various cultures, 7 Estrelo promotes its music with messages of harmony, expansion of consciousness and a continental exchanges. The result is polyphonic and bears hallmarks of interculturalização and psychedelia, along with strong traces of the versatility of the composers.

From the beginning to go heaven and earth to touch their contemporaneity, 7 Estrelo collects planting this seed sound made in South America, North America, Europe and Africa. With four albums released and distributed internationally, the duo has been together for six years in a marriage that defies mathematical logic: on stage show that 1 plus 1 equals 7. Read more.

Lyrics:

Click here for Brazilian words and English translation

7 ESTRELO Links:

www.7estrelo.wordpress.com

www.youtube.com/7estrelo

www.soundcloud.com/7estrelo

17 thoughts on “Free Franciscan World Youth Day Song: 7 ESTRELO’s Mois de Um Milhao ‘One in One Million’”

1. Sister Carla says:

I like this sound, a blending of many sounds. It makes me feel like I’m outside soaking all the sights and sounds around me or in a crowd of people of many cultures. The beat is very inviting. I can see the youth all participating by singing and movement.
    Thank you for sharing a fresh experience.

2. Exactly! Simply a world-consious symphony of sounds!

3. Sister Mary Ann says:

The unique sound of each instrument, the birds singing, the words of the song, the melody . . . all are part of the “one” that contribute to the million different ways one can enjoy listening to and being transformed by this beautiful piece by Estrelo! It is a blessing to have Estrelo share their music with us!

4. sr kathleen says:

I’m listening to this over and over. We are “floating” along in the midst of heavy spring rains and so our Mississippi landscape sort of reminds me of the rainforest that my kindergarteners are studying. All of this lends itself to the trekking beat and mood of holy adventure in this piece of music. It really invites one to wonder and open one’s eyes more closely to all the glory around us! Thanks for making it available for us!

5. Sister Julie Ann says:

I love the uniqueness of the music. Each of us is part of God’s plan in the fabric of life. We all help to form the picture of LOVE to be revealed at the end of time. Every thread is important and needed with the milliom others.

6. B. says:

The universality of the faith is sparked in this song. The energy and words of the song radiate God’s love in a powerful way. The life breathed in us needs to be lived out, in all we do-in more than a million ways.

7. E.K. says:

It comes to mind that we are all worth more than we can imagine. This significant worth goes well beyond our life and into the depths of our soul.

8. K. says:

I like where it says ‘intense communion’. We are all in community with one another and we are never alone when we are walking with our brothers and sisters in Christ and when we’re walking with our Lord.

9. Keri says:

As Church we stand together-dare to be more intense communion. Unity in diversity. Our lives are connected.

10. B.G. says:

A good song to listen to while praying because of the beat and you also won’t get swept away by singing all the lyrics (at least at first).

11. D.. says:

What a fun song! It sounds so joyful!

12. K. says:

Sometimes when I don’t know how to pray or what to pray for I sing songs from Church and pray through the songs. I feel close to God and I feel the Holy Spirit through the music.

13. E.K. says:

I think God uses music to touch my heart in a variety of ways. Whether I’m singing in Mass or driving in the car, the music played and sung creates a deeper connection between God and myself. Music is a great form of prayer and communication with God. It often reveals things to me that I may not hear otherwise.

14. B. says:

I can feel God’s beauty pouring out through music. It speaks to me and is a prayer all its own.

15. Keri says:

Music is uniting-it connects memories of the past with the present

16. B.G. says:

The music part reminds me of how fast my life moves and when it gets slower it shows times it is ok to slow down and relax.

17. D. says:

God is the source of our ‘color’-our creativity, and the ability to appreciate, enjoy, and love the creativity of others.