Faces of Faith at Wisconsin Camp Franciscan Day

by Sister Julie Ann on April 15, 2013

On April 13, 2013 Francisan Sisters of Christian Charity did it again. We welcomed young women to ‘Faces of Faith’, a Camp Franciscan Day. This time our location was our Motherhouse in Manitowoc WI.  30 young women responded to our invitation to celebrate the Year of Faith with us by hopefully growing in their relationship with Christ.

IMG_3599Campers not only felt like one of the Sisters by walking in and around our large lake home, but also participated in prayer, creative projects and touring while growing in friendship with others like themselves desiring to learn more about the Sisterhood. Being at our Motherhouse, St. Francis Chapel was our special Eucharistic place. Father Placid Stroik, OFM, invited us to renew our baptismal promises, blessed us with holy water and eventually sent us forth to live our faith in the world in which we live. Campers’ families also joined us for Mass.

Are you wondering what the participants thought about the day? Watch for comments from them.

31 thoughts on “Faces of Faith at Wisconsin Camp Franciscan Day”

1. M.M. says:

I learned that faith is important especially in hard times. I enjoyed the great food and the dancing.

2. M.T. says:

I learned more about the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. There are many different faces of faith and my own face can be a face of faith.

3. H.W. says:

All of the Sisters were extremely kind and welcoming. The hike and tour were very enjoyable. Lunch was great! (Fortune cookies!)

4. I.W. says:

I liked being able to be with the Sisters. I liked the activities.

5. A. says:

I enjoyed learning the back history of what the Sisters would wear and all of the art was really pretty.

6. Sister Mary Ann says:

Camp Franciscan Day: “Faces of Faith” was filled with beautiful young ladies sharing their faith with each other and all of us Sisters! Having them with us at our Motherhouse was delightful! I so enjoyed their energy, creativity, respectfulness, joy, and prayerfulness!

It was a great highlight being able to celebrate the Sunday Mass with Fr. Placid ofm, our Chaplain and so many of the families of the girls!

7. J.W. says:

I learned more about the saints and a lot about their lives. Everyone was nice and enjoyable.

8. A. says:

I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing people from last year. I learned to see God in my everyday life.

9. E.B. says:

You can always get stronger in your faith. The activity (necklace making)and the history blurb with all of the art were some things I enjoyed.

10. M.B. says:

I enjoyed that were able to make things and talk to the Sisters.

11. K.P. says:

I enjoyed being with so many friends I have met over the years.

12. M. says:

I need to be open to all the vocations…something I learned about living my faith during this Year of Faith.

13. I.M.S says:

I enjoyed making schema boxes with my friends and meeting new Sisters.

14. MAR says:

Being together with the Sisters and learning what they do here because I might be a Sister.

15. A. says:

I learned to not be afraid to live my faith.

16. R. says:

I loved all the kindness that was around me. I learned how the Sisters and Brothers play a part in our church.

17. H.L says:

I learned that sometimes it is hard to do what God asks of you.

18. Abby says:

I enjoyed that I got to meet different Sisters and to see Sister Elizabeth Ann because I haven’t seen her for a long time.

19. Lydia says:

I really liked meeting/hearing from the Sisters and Postulant Rexann. I also liked having time in the chapel to reflect and I liked meeting so many young women who are passionate about their faith.

20. G. says:

I enjoyed the different things we did throughout the whole day.

21. O.P. says:

I enjoyed that most of the people I saw smiled at me. I made some new friends to talk to and I learned God loves us and we are light to others.

22. A.B. says:

Something that I enjoyed about camp was visiting my aunt and how she lives with everyone and knows their name, all the Sisters that I saw last year and getting to know new Sisters.

23. Katie says:

I liked the hike and the pilgrimage with the stained glass windows. I know this sounds silly, but I actually just realized recently that God is always here for me. He never says, “Come back in an hour or week.” He’s always there.

24. Missy says:

I learned about the Sister’ lives.

25. Rachel says:

We moved around and shared our ideas, play games and have fun. I also learned that you can always find a good side to everything.

26. Z.W. says:

Living our faith may be hard but you should persevere.

27. Sarah says:

Faith…you can’t just ignore it!

28. A.T. says:

I learned that being a Sister is a great lifestyle and that you can still talk and goof around. Faith is also important and necessary for life.

29. Sr. Caritas says:

I believe God calls to us, to each individual person in a unique, personal way, and every time someone comes here and enters this our home, God is touching that person, maybe just to say: “I see you. I know you. I give you life because I love you…no matter what you choose to do in life. I will always be with you wherever you are.” The messages already posted are wonderful signs of God’s touch…faith, peace, joy, wonder, eyes opened to new things, to new understandings, to new knowledge. Aren’t God’s ways marvelous!!! You’ve each been “touched by God’s gentleness and love.”

30. Sister Sue Ann Hall says:

We never know how or when God calls us to serve Him in a special way and there a many opportunity to help us figure it out, if we stay open, if we take that leap of faith. So let us take that leap of faith in this Year of Faith. Thanks for making those opportunities possible.

31. What a great idea to close with Sunday Mass with families. I have heard many positive comments from the mother of one of the campers. This certainly fostered the faith of the family during this Year of Faith!