Franciscan Free Music Download: ‘Here I Am’ by Eric Genius

by Sister Julie Ann on November 1, 2012

Called to be thankful for God’s faithful presence in our lives especially through loved ones during this month of Thanksgiving, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity collaborate with composer, virtuoso pianist and acclaimed performer Eric Genius to offer Here I Am as a free music download. You’ll want to listen with delight at contemporary music with classical overtones. It is music that gives “soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination”.

Click here to listen to more of Eric’s music and purchase truly extraordinary cds. Find him also on iTunes.

My youngest daughter was born with Down’s Syndrome. Many children who are truly blessed with this, suffer from defects in the heart. My daughter had serious heart surgery when she was three months. This was a piece that I composed for her on the day of her surgery. It is a love song to her (Anastasia), and my wife Leslie.

-Eric Genius

About Eric Genius

The career of composer, virtuoso pianist and acclaimed performer, Eric Genuis, began in Krakow, Poland in 1997. A government dignitary heard Genuis’ music and he was invited to headline the entertainment for an AIDS benefit concert. This premier performance was attended by 15,000 people. Since then, Genuis continues to perform worldwide, upwards of 100 concerts each year.

Eric has received praise from music industry greats such as Joel Sill (Music Supervisor for films Munich and Forest Gump) who said “I remain a fan and look forward to him being more broadly discovered and to watching as his audience expands and appreciates his fine talents” and John Debney (Film Composer for The Passion of the Christ and Spy Kids), who proclaimed “From a musicians perspective, Eric Genuis’ music is brilliant- superbly crafted, unique in style and expertly performed.” Eric has collaborated with famed British Maestro, Allen Wilson and the Slovak National Symphony to produce four CD’s of his original work.

Genuis’ musical education includes achieving First Class A.R.C.T. Honors in Piano Performance from the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto. He has completed course work in film scoring from the Berklee College of Music. Eric Genuis is a musical tour de force and his concerts are a proven thrill to music lovers of both classical and contemporary music.

Lyrics

Now be still when you’re back’s against the wall,

Victory it seems no hope at all

I’ll be your wings that soar so high, this side of paradise

Now be still until you’re strong;

Here I am I’m your fire when it’s cold;

Here I am I’m your guide when you lost your road;

I’m your robber in the fields of woe when the enemy storms the door;

Here I am forevermore.

Take my hand when shadows hide your way,

Take my hand there’ll come a brighter day,

for the love of you and me

is surely something sweet

take my hand close by you’ll stay;

Here I am, I’m your fire when it’s cold;

Here I am I’m your guide when you lost your road

I’m your bridge above the stormy sea when unchanged finally meets

Here I am forevermore

Here I am I’m your fire when its’ cold

Here I am I’m guide when you lost your road

I’m you’re your shield when arrows fly

I’ll never leave your side

Here I am forevermore

Here I am forevermore.

Website

16 thoughts on “Franciscan Free Music Download: ‘Here I Am’ by Eric Genius”

1. Sister June says:

A beautiful song – touching us with a father’s response to
    his helpless child- as God, our Father is to us. Sister June

2. Sister Mary Ann says:

Thank you Eric for a most moving song! The message of Jesus being with us “until the end of time” is one that always gives me hope and comfort! Listening to this song is a wonderful way to pray!

3. Angelyn says:

In moments of great suffering, we become restless, we panic and become anxious and sometimes lose our way. This song reminded me to be still and offer everything up to God. He is strong. He will hold us and guide us, comfort us and surround us with love. God is forever.

4. Sarah says:

‘Here I am’ God came to serve us, that we might live forever. When all seems lost, turn to Him and lay your burden at His cross so that He can provide for all your needs, be it hope, food, a place to stay or a purpse to life. He will provide.

5. Lydia says:

The way that the singer talks about his daughter (I’ll always be there) reminds me of God’s love for us. God will be there forevermore and he is constantly reaching out to us.

6. Our image of God is mirrored in our human relationships.Thanks for sharing what this song meant to you. Peace and all good, Lydia!

7. God will provide…glad this retreat increased your trust in God’s providence. Peace and all good, Sarah!

8. Francis prayed: ‘He is our power and strength, Who alone is good, who alone is almighty, who alone is omnipotent, wonderful, glorious and Who alone is holy, worthy of praise and blessing through endless ages.’ May the Lord bless you, Angelyn.

9. A.L. says:

‘I’m your guide when you lost your road.’ Beautiful music, beautiful lyrics…a beautiful, wonderful God who created all things!

10. S. says:

Here I am your servant is listening…Eli said to God when He called in the night. God is there to provide for me even at the darkest hour. Jesus was the suffering servant.

11. Sister Jan says:

Eric gave a concert here at Silver Lake College recently. It was deeply moving. He delivers God’s message through music.

12. Sister Pamela Catherine says:

Matthew 28:20. “I am with you always.”
    This is a beautiful song, reminding me of the ever presence of our Lord, even in the most trying times. As Eric states in the song, these are the times to be STILL and to TAKE the hand of the Lord, allowing Him to carry us. As an action of our faith, we let go and allow God to take the lead.

13. Sister Nancy Kinate says:

Ah, such soul-full music invites the Spirit to tender one’s heart. Thank you, Eric, for sharing your gift with such finesse and beauty.

14. Al Henderson says:

Thank you for posting this… I heard it at the end of the movie “Bloodmoney” & was struck by it. Haunting & hopeful. God bless you as you continue to do His work & point to Him as the only answer. Great music, thanks again! 🙂

15. Sr. Elaine says:

Such a beautiful song that reminds me of God who is always present. He is with me even when I may feel that I am alone. He waits for me at all times. Thank you for sharing this heart-felt song. God bless you.

16. Sister Carla says:

This is a beautiful song! I can picture Eric hoding Anastasia and singing this love song. What a lucky little girl! It’s a perfect song to use for prayer and imagine God singing to us. Thank you!