Franciscans Called to Live the Gospel and Serve God’s People

by Sister Julie Ann on July 9, 2012

Called to be present together as Sisters for prayer and important conversations on Living the Gospel and Serving God’s People, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity gathered for a Quasi Chapter on July 6-8, 2012. We share significant moments of these total Community days with you.

Friday, July 6

Welcome, History of Chapter Presentation, Evening Prayer, Recreation, Night Prayer, and general directions of our small group conversations are all part of our days together.

Click here to see a summary of our questions used for discussion.

Saturday, July 7

Opening Spiritual Address (Father Joachim Giermek, OFM Conv): click here to read Sister Kathleen Murphy’s notes.

Sunday, July 8

Sunday Homily (Father Joachim Giermek, OFM Conv): click here to read Sister Kathleen’s notes.

11 thoughts on “Franciscans Called to Live the Gospel and Serve God’s People”

1. Sr. Leslie says:

This was such a fantastic celebration of our community. It was so much fun to have everyone at the Mother House for a couple days. As a novice it was seeing the whole picture for the first time and I like the picture. It was once of the happiest times of my religous life (and I know I’ve only been around for 2 years but it’s still significant.) It was wonderful and I appreciate everyone whom made this happen.

2. S.Mary Ann says:

The joy, energy, singing, praying, discussing, pondering, and sharing on so many levels with so many of our Sisters was a deepening of the gift of our Franciscan life together!!!!

3. Smaryb says:

I really must say I enjoyed the quasi chapter. I felt it was very positive. The conversations were interesting
    and ths sisters expressed a sense of gratitude.
    Siter Louise and her team did an excellent job.
    Sister Mary Bodwin

4. S. Regina Rose says:

This was such an amazing experience for me! Only slightly overwhelming to be surrounded  by so many but amazing, nonetheless! It was so uplifting to see all of our sisters together, excited to see each other and simply enjoying each other’s company. What a wonderful gift for me to see this community at large! The group discussions and talks were all inspired and gave a real testament to this community’s desire to continually learn and grow in the Franciscan life and our life as Gospel-living Christians!

5. S. Regina Rose says:

I agree totally! It was so awesome to pray together with the whole community!

6.  I was trying to imagine what it was like for you novices; you answered my question!

7.  I am so happy you were with us the entire time. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

8. Srosangela says:

I certainly agree it was a very inspiring experience to have all of our sisters together. We received a lot of information and had a chance to share with one another. I can only imagine all the time and preparation went into planning this Quasi Chapter. Thank you to all.
    Sister Rosangela

9. Sister Ann Joachim says:

The events of the Quasi-Chapter were meaningful and much appreciated. It was good to share conversations with other Sisters  in a very positive style on topics that affect our lives. Also Sr. Louise’ topics  informed us of certain proceedings that are important to all of us. We pray that this chapter will be productive fore all of us. Thank you for the huge amount of work done by some Sisters.

10. Francette Riebe says:

I totally agree with the comments below. The quasi chapter was well worth the sitting. Everything said was so positive . The liturgies were outstanding, food great and the visiting wholesome. The process of learning more about the college, convent,hospitals was amassing. Best of all I thought were the “conversations”.  What grace and dignity was present. Thanks to all !

11. Sister Ellen Pachmayer says:

It was great to all be together for a few days. Thanks to all the many people who put hours into planning, setting up, feeding, printing, etc. It all went like clock work and was a wonderful experience. May the Lord bless you and us!!!! Sr.Ellen