Why Franciscan Sisters Go Mobile

by Sister Julie Ann on January 4, 2012

It is a simple reason. Desiring to remain relevant and a dynamic part of the new evangelization in our Catholic Church, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity announce our new mobile Community site http://mobile.fscc-calledtobe.org

Seriously, it is important to us to not only evolve with continuing trends, but we want to make it easier for you, our visitors, to not only search and find us, but also to interact with us.

Find our links to Franciscanized World Blog, Sister Monica’s Habitually Speaking Blog, Sister Carol’s Sierra-Vista Sister-Franciscan Blog, ‘Called to Be’ Ringtone, Recipes, etc.  very easy to navigate. We’ve also made registration for our Franciscan Discernment Retreats a very simple, succinct hand-held experience! We are grateful to Mark Kolter, Kolter Creative Counsel, Milwaukee, WI and Du4Webtech, Sheboygan, WI,  for helping us.

2012 is a year to go mobile with God and us! As we count the days to another National Vocation Awareness Week, January 9-16, we invite you to connect with us often.

12 thoughts on “Why Franciscan Sisters Go Mobile”

1. Geralynne56 says:

If it were not for organizations like yours that go mobile, many of us would not be able to stay in contact with fellow believers and those who are there to assist us in further developing our spiritual life. I am able to access what I need wherever I have breaks in my busy work life- much of which is spent traveling. Bless you!!

2. We are ever grateful to those who share with us their media needs. Thanks, Geralynne.

3. Sadrianna says:

What a helpful device for your work.

4. It is so good to be able to have access to our site via mobile networking!!!!

5. Anne Marie Lom says:

I want to learn more about this so I'll be asking…

6. Anne Marie Lom says:

Sister Julie Ann showed me how the entire page is now visible on a hand held device. My questions were answered and I think this is just great.  Hat's off , and God's blessing, to all who assist us in being present in the contemporary world!

7. Sister Marcolette Madden says:

Just as Jesus met the crowds on the seashore or on a hillside and spoke in parables relevant to their lives (“Where they were at”), so too, the initiative to Go Mobile seems to be media “smart” and certainly meets the needs of important segements of the population!  Creative!  Innovative, Meaninful!  Congratulations.

8. Anne Marie Lom says:

Sister Marcolette, I marvel at your facility with words. Thank you for articulating so clearly the big move to our community web page being mobile.

9. Communal support for this initiative couldn't be more true reading all these comments!

10. Anonymous says: