One Way Novices Experience Life of Congregation

by Sister Julie Ann on September 3, 2011

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are well aware that Novices need various kinds of experiences to imbibe our own spirit and live our life as a Community of women religious.

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Novices embark on a pilgrimage that includes healthcare sites and Manitowoc's finest ice cream. Photos:Sister Natalie Binversie

For this reason, on Friday, September 1, 2011, Sister Natalie Binversie (Novice Directress), Sister Martin Flavin and Sister Emy Beth Furrer (Novitiate Team Members) and the Novices embarked on a pilgrimage of the Community’s healthcare system office (Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Healthcare Ministry Inc.) as well as Holy Family Memorial Network, Manitowoc, WI.

Such a journey raises attention to various aspects of poverty and hard work in a real and living context. It also offers a deeper knowledge of our apostolic works as well as provides an opportunity to see how our Sisters integrate contemplation and action within rewarding apostolates.

We invite you to enjoy a few more moments of this unique pilgrimage. Keep in mind there are a significant number of  Sisters not pictured who support the healing ministry of Jesus in both the system office and at Holy Family Memorial as employees, volunteers and board members.

10 thoughts on “One Way Novices Experience Life of Congregation”

1. Sister Natalie says:

The tour of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Sponsored HealthCare Ministry sites was very informative.  This experience will be recalled throughout the year as the Novices learn more of the Community history.  There is a sense of gratitude and pride to know the impact the Community has in providing health care in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Nebraska.

2. Marialeelamantia says:

Sister Laura has done a Wonderful Service in our HealthCare Ministry. We are grateful for and Proud of her. I've no doubt our God THEE GOD OF COMFORT AND COMPASSION AND HEALING will say of Sister Laura; “Well done good and faithful servant”. I'm happy to know that you our Novice Sisters have had this learning experience.
     In reading of this health care experience I ask all of my Sisters to please keep my Sister-in-law, Cindy Lamantia (my brother Marks' wife) who had surgery on Friday, Sept. 2 for a large cancerous brain tumor. She is being kept sedated in intensive care at the present time. They have 2 children Jacob and Lynsey. Please keep all of them in your prayers. I thank you most gratefully.
     Bless you gently, Sister Marialee

3. Thanks for mentioning the wider outreach of our Sisters and the many other dedicated people in WI, OH and NE who make the healing ministry of Jesus real for those in need. Follow the link to Francisan Sisters of Christian Charity Healthcare Ministry Inc and learn more.

4. srsharon says:

Sr. Marialee, yes, we will keep your sister-in-law ,Cindy,  in prayer after her surgery for brain cancer.  Also prayers for you and the families involved.  May the Lord intercede with His gentle care & healing.

5. Serving on the Board of Directors for St. Paul Elder Services, Kaukauna, WI has given me an appreciation of our health care ministry and the part we play in the healing ministry of Jesus and the Catholic Church. I'm glad the novices had this opportunity and the pictures show the beauty of some facilities. Our Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Healthcare Ministry does a great job of helping us to learn the ministry and how it works.

6. Sr. Leslie says:

I will defenitly keep your family in prayer Sr. Marialee.
    I hope all is well I think of you often.

7. Sr. Leslie says:

This was a great learning day. I think it is important for us to learn about the ministry that our community is involved. In also it is good to have an image of a physical place to go with the knowledge. Fun times had by all.

8. Marialeelamantia says:

Thank you so very much for your prayer for Cindy and my family Sister Leslie.  God bless you gently.
     Sr. Marialee

9. Marialeelamantia says:

Sister Sharon, thank you and the Sisters there for keeping Cindy and my brother Mark, their kids. Yes, we also ask our Lord Jesus to hold her in His healing and loving hands.  Gentle blessings on you and each Sister there,
    Sr. Marialee

10. Srosangela says:

I'm sure you learned much from this Pilgrimage to our Health Care facilities. From the happy faces I'm sure you enjoyed it too. May you continue to learn more about our Community and our Apostolates.