Freely Download Dave Gerhartz’ ‘Hear You Call’

by Sister Julie Ann on September 1, 2011

Desiring to know God’s plan for your life? St. Bonaventure teaches us to “ask grace, not instruction, desire, not understanding, the groaning of prayer, not diligent reading…” (St. Bonaventure, The Life of St. Francis) Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity invite you to enjoy a free music download of Dave Gerhartz’ ‘Hear You Call’, a prayer sung with heart-felt sincerity. Be moved to offer your life for others. Consider other musical favorites of this West Bend, WI musician.  See website.

“Hear You Call” is a song about sacrificial giving in my own life. I finally got to a place where I was ready to accept how I could present my life as a living sacrifice to God. I was in a place where I was ready to be obedient and hear and accept what God was desiring of me. I didn’t know what that would look like at the time, but I knew that my life was designed to ultimately give Him glory.

-Dave Gerhartz

Purchase music.

About Dave

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity collaborate with Dave Gerhartz to offer you 'Hear You Call' as a free music download.

At the end of County Line Drive, the smell of garden dirt lingered in the house. The crack of a wood-splitting maul could be heard beyond the pickup truck in the back yard. The truck had its bed stashed with random garden tools. The broken handles and worn blades signified the work that had been finished, yet their presence in the vehicle meant they were still at the ready and there was work to be done.

It was a simple Wisconsin life; the landscape of my childhood. Read more.

View youtube video on Dave Gerhartz.

Lyrics

Website: www.davegerhartz.com

26 thoughts on “Freely Download Dave Gerhartz’ ‘Hear You Call’”

1. Sister Chiara says:

This song is a good song to take to prayer. The words are very powerful, and spoke to me of how we must be the instruments of God. God has a plan for each and everyone of us, all we have to do is be open to His call. “Here I am, O Lord, I come to do your will.”

2. srsharon says:

Dave, thank you for sharing your musical talent and continue to spread it far and wide. Your words are simple, honest and contain an invitation to make a decision “to follow the call” of daily living by “using me,” or “walking on by.”

3. Dave Gerhartz says:

Thanks for the kind words Sister Sharon. Following his call is a rewarding and humbling experience, that's for sure. I am a grateful that the music can be encouraging to you and others as they contemplate what it means to truly follow after God's call.

4. Thanks, Dave, for taking the time to comment on Franciscanized World and for sharing your own relationship with God with us. May the Lord bless you and your family with an abundance of blessings.

5. As a spiritual director, these are my favorite lyrics in the song: “But, you don’t need me to give a new start/ You don’t need me to change a man’s heart /You can use me how you’d like,/You can use me in this life”
    I often can't see how God is using me and most often it is not for grand purposes e g “changing a heart or giving a new start”. Most often it is a hidden purpose which may or may not become more clear in days ahead. God uses us perfectly for our happiness and the joy of others. All we need to do is believe and cooperate… which takes a lifetime!

6. Marylou Kopp says:

I teach nursing at Concordia University WI and have the priviledge of beginning class with devotion.  I plan to use this song in one of my classes.  Nursing is a calling more than a career.  Thank you Sisters and Dave!
    Mary Lou Kopp

7. We agree. Our Franciscan Sisters who are nurses have a call within a call. Blessings on all who are carry on the healing ministry of Jesus.

8. C. says:

It's easier to ignore God calling us then it is for us to answer and carry out His will.

9. M.L. says:

When we rely on fate and destiny, we aren't accountable for what we do-good or bad-which is very attractive at times.

10. M.M. says:

Love=effort=sacrificial love
    no effort=easier to walk on by…not self-sacrificial love

11. L.S. says:

Answering God's call can require a lot of work. It requires all of you.

12. M.M.M. says:

Apathy is always easier because it prevents one from the risk of being responsible for someone else.

13. E.D. says:

Afraid to do what we know is right might cause us to walk by or we want things to just happen with us not doing anything.

14. A. says:

God is calling me to listen and serve Him and the people, to stop living caught-up in this fast-pace life and hear the call of my life.

15. B.N. says:

For some it may be easier to walk by; for me, I need the Lord to help me through many things in life. I would be nowhere w/o Jesus. I have been very blessed.

16. C. says:

God wants me to become a man in Christ and serve his people. Why is it easy to walk by…because the ways of the world are not the ways of our God's plan for us.

17. S.S. says:

God calls me to be a witness through drumming at our church back home.

It's much easier to let God take care of my iniquities and let what He wants to happen happen.

18. J.G. says:

God is calling me to be available in the positions I'm put into with my peers.

19. A.L. says:

It is much easier to do nothing than to trust in what God has planned for us. Sometimes it is so easy to get wrapped up in what I am doing and forget about everyone else.

20. L. says:

God is calling me to be a witness for him to everyone I meet here are NMU and the opportunities he gives me to be more loving where there is very little love.

21. L. says:

It is easier to be passive and just hope you will be taken care of than striving to pray and love and live like Jesus and do the Father's will.

22. T.B. says:

Reach out towards others…when they need help, when I need help.

23. T.B. says:

It's hard sometimes to really think about what God wants…it's easier to just go along with whatever one's situation currently is.

24. Thanks for all the reflective comments on Dave's 'Hear You Call' lyrics. Sister Mary Ann and I were grateful that we could share this music with our friends as Northern Michigan University. Peace and all good.

25. the postulant says:

God will take whatever we can give, and He gives us the grace to give more and more everyday. Don't be afraid of the first step, even if it's a baby… even if it's not everything you could give. He will make straight our paths…

26. Kathy Lehnerz says:

My, it is a small world!   I had a haircut this week and as I was checking out, I noticed  a few copies of Dave's CD on the countertop.   I asked the beautician if she knew him and she said he was her son-in-law !!!
    I laughed out loud and told her that I first learned about him from you webpage!  Thank you, Sisters, for suporting this wonderful young man!   Thank you Dave, for being open to God's call!
    Autumn blessings,