Franciscan Alert: There’s Nun Sense…

by Sister Carol on September 22, 2011

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity were featured recently in a school/religious article in the Sierra Vista Herald, Sierra Vista, AZ. Follow this link and learn more about this new mission of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity.

There’s Nun Sense…at Our Lady of the Mountains’ All Saints School

It’s not Dan Goggin’s riotuous off-Broadway play, nor a clever play on words, but an un-hyphened headline!

Nun sense ranks supreme at Our Lady of the Mountains Roman Catholic Church. Two dynamic members of the order of Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity have become the principal of All Saints Catholic School, and an assisting librarian in the academic arm of the parish’s educational ministry.

Educator Sister Carol Seidl has served sensibly as principal and/or teacher in Yuma, in addition to the states of Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Mississippi and most recently in Hawaii…but she really likes Arizona.  Click here to finish the story.

17 thoughts on “Franciscan Alert: There’s Nun Sense…”

1. Sr. Leslie says:

Congratulations Sisters! Looks like the new mission is making the news in Siera Vista.

2. Camillus says:

That's so cool!!

3. Continued prayers for both of you Sisters,  as you share yourselves with the people of Sierra Vista–way to go!!!

4. Anne Marie Lom says:

I love to hear and observe the unfolding of this ministry and your life among the people. Keep up the good work and continue to share it with us, please.

5. Kay Klackner says:

That is a neat description of your work and mission!  I like the picture too.  Blessings, Sister Carol!

6. Srosangela says:

Looks like you are getting good press. I hope it helps to increase your enrollment. The picture is precious. God bless both of you in your work.

7. Marcolette Madden says:

Congratulations to both of you, Sister Carol and Sister Mary Gabriel, for embracing a new ministry with such flexibility and resourcefulness.
    Sister Marcolette

8. Kwerner10 says:

Hello Sr.Carol, and Mary Gabrielle, Congrats on being there for this new group of kids. I think of you all so often, and miss being part of the mission. May God richly bless you and your students.

9. Sadrianna says:

What a clever headline and a great story.  It is encouraging that the tradition of quality education in a Catholic School is alive and well in Sierra Vista.  blessings on the principal, faculty, staff and students.

10. Ritarose Stahl says:

I am so happy things are going well. The picture looks like a nice little group of angels!!! Hopefully you can get lots of new students next year.

11. sisterjune says:

God bless your new beginnings at Our Lady of the Mountains'All Saints School. Know that you and your intentions are in my prayers.

12. Sister Elaine says:

Thank you for sharing the news of Our Lady of the Mountains' All Saints School. Sounds like the school year and life in Sierra Vista is going well. Many blessings on you and your ministry to the people there. Happy feast of St. Francis. God bless you!

13. Shelena says:

Great article! Reading about your presence in Sierra Vista brings a smile to my face. Continued blessings on your ministry.

14. Francette Riebe says:

The children in the front with arme folded are precious and seem to be  enjoying what they are doind. the altar boys in the background are discussing what's going on. The children l appear to be really special. Thanks for sharing and Hi to Sister Mary Gabriel. Love, Sister Francette

15. Scriach says:

We sisters in Tucson visited Sister Carol and Sister Mary Gabriel this weekend. What a beautiful setting to live in! The mountains and desert are right there. The school and Church are beautiful faciliies. We trust the Lord is going to bring in more students as the word gets out about these “sensible” nuns. That is a great article in the local paper.
    Sister Carla

16. Sister St. Louis says:

The children are precious. What a great work you are doing! I am so proud of you and pray that you things will
    get better and better for both of you. Your act of mercy brings much joy and faith to many of those y0u teach.My heart just
    My heart  just thrills me whenever I see pictures of children in school doing so much later will be men and women in
    the future. Do know that I pray for your success every day at Mass. Peace and all good things be yours as always.

Happy St. Francis Day and do take time to  so come celebrating. I know you will.
    Love and prayers.    Sister St.  Louis

17. sisterchouinard says:

Dear Sisters, I believe I commented on this before but I am not a computer gal, so I am asking you for some help. A sister  showed me to post my name  but to me I don't know  just how to get you directly. Things I was told
    don't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Did you get anything from me? Would you please send me the method to use to write and send to you in the easiest way?  I can write and send mail but this commenting seems so strange.  Excuse my lack of commputer knowledge.  I would  ppreciate any help you give me.
    With love, praise and thanks—–Sister