Read About an Irresistable Franciscan Call

by Sister Julie Ann on July 19, 2011

We invite you to read about Sister Pamela Catherine Peasel’s call to the consecrated life as a Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity in her home diocese’s Catholic paper, The Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Times. Follow this link.

Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Pamela Catherine Peasel from Grand Blanc, MI celebrates her call to consecrated life with family members in Manitowoc, WI.

If you haven’t heard Sister Pamela Catherine speak about our Community’s ministries to those in need, follow this link to our Franciscan youtube channel and enjoy our latest films on the 100th Anniversary of presence in Cambridge, OH.

Today Sister Pamela Catherine begins her first full day of living among the Gila River Community at St. Peter Mission, Bapchule, AZ. The Lord bless you.

15 thoughts on “Read About an Irresistable Franciscan Call”

1. Sr. Leslie says:

God Bless you Sr. Pamela Catherine! I know you will have an awesome experience being on mission at Bapchule. God is with you through it all.

2. Sr. Delores W. says:

God bless you, Sr. Pamela Catherine!   The children of St. Mary's/St. Michael's remember you well.   The young people of St. Peter are blessed to have you coming to be with them.

3. Sr Helena says:

Blessings as you begin your ministry in Bapchule! May your happiness continue to grow.

4. Scaritas says:

Sr. Pamela Catherine, I hope no one pasted fake yellow crepe paper flowers on the cactus out there making me believe it was REAL!! my first time out in the desert.  Sr. Veronica Brockhoff eally did have quite a sense of humor…even to the tarantulas crawling around. Oh, Joy. God's creation alive adn well. Do have a marvelous experience breathing in God's desert beauty. The choir misses you…me, too!!

5. Sister Johanna Kalscheur says:

Congratulations to Sister Pamela Catherine and her family.  I'll be keeping Sr. Pamela Catherine in prayer as she begins her new ministry of teaching. From Sister Johanna Kalscheur.

6. Roseulmen says:

The Lord is with you, S. Pamela Catherine, as you begin the Ministry for which you've been well prepared.  Enjoy each day  filled with little miracles of students, God, and You!!  My love & prayers,  –S. Rose U.

7. Sr. Elaine says:

Blessings upon you, Sr. Pamela Catherine, as you begin ministry at St. Peter Indian Mission. Enjoy the experience of life in the desert teaching the children. Know you will be kept in prayer as you begin teaching there.

8. Sr. Carol Seidl says:

What a beautiful vocation story. It is an inspiration to those who might be thinking of being a Sister and how to continue on that journey. Thank you for choosing to be a Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity. I look forward to seeing you here in Arizona. Blessings on your first year at Bapchule! I know God is there with you.

9. Smkwinkler2002 says:

Sr. Pamela Catherine,
      Thanks for sharing your beautiful vocation story.  Hope all is going well with the new mission.  We miss you at home.   Sister Mary Kaye

10. sisterjune says:

Sister Pamela Catherine’s vocation story is very realistic to the ups and downs of life.
    She has taught French and would like to teach it again. But for now she is teaching reading, English and religion to seventh and eighth girls at Bapchule, Arizona.
    God’s blessings on you as you continue your journey with us.

11. Smaryfrances says:

Having been a part of your community life these past two years, all I can say is that the Lord is continuing to give you many blessings, Sister Pamela Catherine.  He really does lead us if we allow Him to.  Thank you for saying yes and continue to bring your joy to those you live with and serve.  I'm praying for you.

12. Sister Anne Marie Lom says:

I appreciated all the links in this posting. I followed all of them and “re-enjoyed” the Bapchule, AZ, podcast. God works in so many ways, through so many people. I can just sit and marvel at the outpouring of love and joy.

13. Nkinate says:

Thank you for sharing your story, Sister Pamela Catherine! May your ministry in the Gila River(paradox) Community be blessed. Pax et bonum, Sister Nancy

14. Sr. Mary Jerome says:

I am in awe at your journey. Thank you for sharing your story, enjoyed it.
    May God bless you in your ministry with the Gila River Community.
    Enjoy the days ahead, Sister Mary Jerome