Listen to Marian Vocations Song: ‘Mary Pray for Me’ by Aaron Thompson

by Sister Julie Ann on May 13, 2011

This is the month of Mary. As the 48th World Day of Prayer for Vocations is celebrated on May 15, 2011, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity invite you to be a loving word of God and  find strength in Mary Pray for Me by Aaron Thompson. (Read a great summary of positive ‘Creating Internet Buzz for Vocations’  reported on Catholic Web Solutions blog. We are thrilled we were included!)

Comments from Aaron

Thank you for featuring ‘Mary Pray for Me’.  My mom was the biggest influence in my life for my devotion to the Blessed Mother.  She gave me the example of quietly and regularly asking for Mary’s intercessions especially for seemingly hopeless causes.  I went through a period of rebellion against all things Catholic during early college.  I believe it was her devotion that paved the way for God to redirect my ‘fervor’ to the Church.

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity feature Aaron Thompson's 'Mary Pray for Me'.

Pope Benedict XVI had this to say about the World Day of Prayer for Vocations:

The ability to foster vocations is a hallmark of the vitality of a local Church. With trust and perseverance let us invoke the aid of the Virgin Mary, that by the example of her own acceptance of God’s saving plan and her powerful intercession, every community will be more and more open to saying “yes” to the Lord who is constantly calling new labourers to his harvest.

Read the full text here.

About Aaron

Aaron Thompson captivates his audience with heartfelt praise and a contagious spirit! Expressing his spirituality through song, his music reflects an earnest desire for worship, a passion for the church, and a heart for ministry. Touring worldwide professionally has been an envisioned dream attained.  He has an ability to pour his soul into his music which connects with an expansive audience of all ages.  A devout Catholic, Christian, and self-proclaimed family man, Aaron Thompson proves to be an inspiration to those around him.

Aaron studied trumpet performance in college, and has since harnessed his skills on the piano, guitar, and as a vocalist. His 5 albums have had considerable success, and he thoroughly enjoys any opportunity to perform. Beginning his career in music ministry in  Gilbert, Arizona, Aaron continues his passion for service as the Director of Music Ministry at St. Thomas Aquinas parish, Madison, WI.

Lyrics

Website

18 thoughts on “Listen to Marian Vocations Song: ‘Mary Pray for Me’ by Aaron Thompson”

1. As I listen/pray with this soothing song prayer, there is a peace and comfort that comes from the lyrics, melody, and voice of Aaron. In the midst of  preparations for the young women coming for the weekend vocation discernment retreat, “Mary Said Yes,” this song prayer is a wonderful blessing!

Thank you so much Aaron for sharing this beautiful song prayer with us and all who are in need of Mary's loving guidance!

2. s.m.e. says:

As I listened to the song I thought of Mary and how she said 'yes' to be the Mother of God and how she suffered at the foot of the cross. The song is so beautiful and it makes me happy.

3. j.s. says:

My thoughts…Mary first gave us Jesus!

4. Anne says:

Mary, so necessary for our Redemption. Your 'fiat' gave us Our Redeemer-allowed us to see the face of God.

5. Jerald says:

The warm motherly love Mary has for us. Sometimes a certain melody or tempo can express the feelings in your soul.

6. Connie says:

This song causes me to realize what a blessing my own six children are to me, truly a privilege to guide children. Music mades messages much richer and meaningful to the listener.

7. A. M. says:

I like the words but I am not a fan of saxaphone. I 'd personally prefer traditional chants. God uses music to uplift my heart and to help me let go, and let love in, and to humble me.

8. Josh says:

Although my relationship with God is personal, we are supported and experience growth through the prayers of others, and especially those of the Blessed Virgin, Our Mother.

9. L. says:

“Woman Behold Your Son”
    We follow in the footsteps of John the Beloved Disciple-as we are all children of the Blessed Mother- and boy do we need a mother!

10. J. says:

Some thoughts: humble woman-great queen, mother, God's plan, God's peace, God's love, Hope in the Lord, trusting God
    You have to think with music and understand it with life or heart.

11. Veronica says:

…to Jesus through Mary, Mary's powerful intercession, connection w/Eve -New Eve, Mater Dei

12. Colleen says:

It is important and stood out to me, that I was reminded that without Mary making sacrifices, we wouldn't have Jesus. I also loved the words…and need to continue to build my relationship with Mary.

13. David says:

Mary, as mother – pray for me

14. Christina says:

Intercession of Mary is powerful because she is so close to Him as His mother.
    Mary is my mother, too, through ups & downs of my life.

15. Christina says:

Intercession of Mary is powerful because she is so close to Jesus as His Mother.
    Mary is my mother, too, through ups & downs of my life.

16. MD says:

I was pleasantly surprised with the song. I love how the song itself is a petition and prayer. I could sing along or just recite the words in my head to ask Mary for her help.

17. RL says:

The saxaphone is a sure indication of passion and soul.

18. Selena says:

Hey Aaron you are truly missed at St Anne's Gilbert. My family has been members since the early 90's and guess what we still sing some of your songs in St. Anne's. I'm glad to hear that you are still singing and composing songs. You are truly gifted and thanks for sharing your talent with the sisters and the world.

Blessings,