If you haven’t heard of Camp Franciscan, this posting is for you. If you are a former Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity summer camper who made friends with other junior high, high school or college age young women at a previous experience at our Motherhouse is in Manitowoc, WI , you may want to check out our photos to restir memories of good times.
Some simple facts about Camp Franciscan 2010:
- ‘Simplicity’ is this year’s theme.
- There are 11 high school/college age campers fulfilling various leadership roles.
- Counting everyone including junior high campers, the 55 young people come from 5 states, 6 (arch) dioceses, and 17 parishes. Next, add a few more generous adults acting as chaperones.
- Opening camp activities include the choice of the fine arts-choir, band, dance, or drama.
- Other group sessions promise to inspire moments of prayer, creativity and community building.
- Many Franciscan Sisters, including our Novices, and some of our postulants for the fall of 2010 are actively involved in the days.
- Katie Nelson shared a concert Wednesday night. She performed her latest music.