The Vocation Secret of Prayer and Action

by Sister Julie Ann on June 23, 2010

Mark Kolter serves as Franciscan Community's communications consultant

Mark Kolter (Kolter Creative Counsel) updated Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity on website statistics and overall vocation strategies at presentations June 22-23, 2010.

Every day is a vocation prayer and action day for Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. Morning and Evening Prayer contain sincere petitions for families, young people discerning their call in life and perseverence for all the vocations. Invitations to young women to consider our way of life as well as outreach to those in need are part of our daily action plan.

Today, however, was a special summer community prayer day for vocations. Eucharist, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament/Benediction and our other prayers together held a vocation emphasis par excellence. This was complimented with the choice of two possible times for a Motherhouse presentation on our own Community vocation news  and acquainting ourselves with our own Catholic women religious website. Mark Kolter (Kolter Creative Counsel), our Community’s communications consultant, was our guest speaker giving an analysis of our website statistics and gleanings from our own focus group findings. Over 100 Sisters also participated in a mini blog training session and enjoyed the latest video on our  calledtobeFranciscan youtube channel.

As Pope Benedict XVI encouraged ‘priests to blog’ and to use ‘cutting edge technology for evangelization’, our own history reveals our  Sisters’ leadership in using the mimeograph, typewriters, computers, email, lcd projectors, smart boards, etc. in education, as well as other state of the art equipment used in health care. Together we continue what our foundresses began. Blogging and being knowledgeable about new ways to communicate  is just something we do as a means of connecting with each other and witnessing to our lives across the miles.

38 thoughts on “The Vocation Secret of Prayer and Action”

1. Shelena says:

Thank you for the information shared at the presentation last evening. It was very interesting and informative. It is nice to see the frequent updates on the web.
    Thanks for all you do!

2. SPatricia says:

Thanks for the presentation. There was much interesting information shared in a variety of ways. God's continued blessings!

3. We are blessed with the support of our Sisters striving to share Jesus' Gospel message!

4. Scarmen says:

Thank You Sister Mary Ann for helping me to see those beautiul pictures on Thursday. You are a blessing to our Community.

5. One learns to appreciate all of our Sisters that plan and present information to groups of people in various settings. Thanks for taking the time to be with us.

6. Smaryann says:

Thanks Sister Carmen! You are great!

7. And thanks for the many times you have blogged in the past. You make the updates more attractive by your comments.

8. Sister Ruth Ann Myers says:

I am grateful for this new technological world that helps us communicate with each other.

9. admin says:

Working with Mark is an adventure ever new!

10. admin says:

Your response to God’s call with us is a blessing Sister Chiara!

11. Sister Chiara says:

Thank you for taking the time to give this wonderful presentation! It really was wonderful. 🙂 Thank you also for all the time you spend doing vocation work. You are inmy prayers! 🙂

12. sisterjune says:

I agree the information was well worthwhile. God bless you for your work.

13. Mflavin says:

Please tell Mark how much we appreciate his support of the FSCC efforts in ministry. And thank you for arousing so much interest in the use of technology for vocations. God's Peace and Good on all with whom you meet. Sister Martin

14. All your support, prayers, and comments are so appreciated! Peace and all good!

15. Veroneleeman says:

Thanks to all for this very helpful and informative presentation of our Wbsite and blog. I've been on it for quite awhile this evening exploring and watching some podcasts. Also figured out how to view from U-Tube and watching the entire podcast without it stopping every couple of seconds. It is much more pleasant to watch.
    Bless you for the wonderful work you are doing.
    Sister Verone

16. Working with Mark is an adventure ever new!

17. Your response to God's call is a gift to you and to our community!

18. Yea, so glad that you are able to enjoy the podcasts!!!!

19. Sr. Laura says:

Great Job. I learned lots!

20. Srosangela says:

I too am grateful for this presentation with the added information about our Web site and blogging. I am amazed at how quickly you put things on our Web site. Thanks to both of you, Sister Julie Ann and Sister Mary Ann for all the work you do. Our Community is blessed to have you. God bless you.

21. AmariW says:

The Vocation presentation was well worth while for me. I left with a new/deeper realization that in our blogging on each others “news” we are witnessing to those who read our pages of our bond as community memebers. We show our care and interest in each other as Community members. We show who we are as Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity living in Community. Thank you for giving us all the information on our web page. We really are ministering in the 21st century!

22. admin says:

It is so encouraging to have so many of our Sisters on board!

23. Sister Mary Jane says:

24. Peace and all good, Sister Mary Jane. You certainly were receptive to the message we hoped to convey. Thanks.

25. We were grateful to have youwith us, but more importantly to have you present at St. Peter the Fisherman Parish in Two Rivers. Peace and all good.

26. Sr. Ann Mary says:

The presentation was very informative. I especially liked your comments that in blogging we show our support of one another. Thanks

27. Thanks for your supportive presence here and in so many other ways, Sister Ann Mary.

28. This is a great time to be alive!

29. Sr. Veronica says:

I appreciated the presentation on the blog. I have a better understanding of how it works now. I was also impressed by the number of sisters that came for the presentation. Thanks for all your vocation efforts. Sr. Veronica

30. Sr. Monica, novice says:

Thank you so much for the session to talk about this blog! It was so helpful! I appreciate all the work you all do!

31. Sisabelle says:

This was a nice presentation to attend! I learned much about our website, e.g. I didn'n know I could stop the time line on the bottom and it was great to see how successful our website is doing! I wasn't aware that such detailed information could be kept track of how many people and from where went on it. It was great to have that knowledge given to us!

32. Your presence here truly makes this our website! Thanks for your interest and evaluation of the evening.

33. We look forward to more 'Habitually Speaking' postings, Sister Monica. Thanks to you, too.

34. srsharon says:

Mark, THANK YOU for all you do for our Religious Community with Sr. Julie Ann. A job well done! I checked out your website: KOLTER CREATIVE COUNSEL which is very creative and I especially liked your LOGO: “I'm prompt, precise, profoundly reliable & prodigiously creative.” Keep up your dedicated Service in the Lord's name! Gratefully, Sr. Sharon Paul from Nebraska

35. SAnnette says:

I felt the Vocation Presentation was very informative and helpful in understanding why we as a Community should be commited to our web pages. As we comment on the events in each others lives we are witnessing to the care and concern we as Sisters have for each other. It demonstrates to anyone reading our bloggs that we do truly live Community life and are here for each other. Thank you for putting the presentations together.

36. sisterannemarielom says:

Though I could not attend, I am so grateful for the presence of so many sisters and for the mutual support shared on these blogging pages. Thank you for your kind, patient teaching of all of us!

37. Sister Sharon, I'm glad you highlighted Mark's logo-weighty words tested and proved true. Mark is a truly humble soul. And we are blessed to be one of his clients.