Listen to ‘Jesus My Everything’ by Tess Narciso

by Sister Julie Ann on April 1, 2010

tess-the_only_one_we_need.jpgDuring this liturgical time passionately pointed to the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity feature Tess Narciso’s version of Matt Maher’s song Jesus My Everything from The Only One We Need her debut solo album. It is one of the first releases in a new genre-Catholic Christian Rock. Listen for musicians known for their work with mainstream secular classic rock legends including John McFee of the Doobie Brothers, Clover and Jackdawy, Carlos Rios,  and Sharon Celani of the Stevie Nicks band and Joey Stec of the Millennium.

About Tess

Tess is the only daughter of proud parents, Rose Narciso and the late, Roger Narciso.  She’s a full time nurse at Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles, but keeps music close to her heart always.  Musically inspired by her father, she strives to achieve what she knows would make her dad proud:  her childhood dream of becoming a singer.

Tess Says

Matt Maher is brilliant! He’s my favorite Christian artist. His song “Jesus My Everything” is one of those Catholic/Christian rock ballads that immediately captured my soul and that’s why I wanted to do a cover of this song. The lyrics tell the whole story. When we’re in time of need, we turn to Jesus and to God. When we’re happy and achieve success, we are grateful to Jesus and to God. No matter what circumstance, Jesus will always be there. He is our everything. At least, that’s my perception of it.

My version of “Jesus My Everything” is showcased in my first album “The Only One We Need”. The goal of the project was to show people of all ages, especially young kids, that it’s possible to be engaged in church music, singing, clapping, and groovin’ along! Music is what completes the soul when you’re praying to God.  In our church, we always say that when you sing you pray twice. It HAS to be a sound that catches a person’s ear first in order for them to want to listen to it’s meaning.  To anyone out there, if you want to hear Catholic/Christian music that sounds like Taylor Swift or Muse or Jay-Z, then MAKE it! Sure enough, I think my team of musicians did the job…and boy did they do it well. Thanks guys!

Jesus My Everything Lyrics:

I’ve been looking for a reason

I’ve been longing for a purpose

Losing all my meaning

Run out of excuses

Lord, it’s hard to know you

I don’t always see your plan

But holiness is calling me

So take me as I am

‘Cause you are my everything

You are the song I sing

I’ll do anything for you

I’ll do anything for you

Teach me how to pray

To live a life of grace

I’ll go anywhere for you

Jesus be my everything

Lord I get so tired

Of the struggle within

I settle in complacency

And I’m weighed down in my sins

So lead me past emotion

‘Cause they change with the wind

I want to be a true disciple

To daily choose your hand

‘Cause you are my everything

I’ll go anywhere for you

Jesus be my everything

Jesus be my everything

Jesus be my everything

Website: http://spmrecords.com/

Any comments?

27 thoughts on “Listen to ‘Jesus My Everything’ by Tess Narciso”

1. Guest says:

As I listen to this moving song, “Jesus, My Everything,” I am reminded of the favorite prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, “My God and My All”!Thank you Tess for sharing this song-prayer with us!

2. Sister Mary Ann says:

Thank you Tess for sharing this song-prayer with us!

3. Celano, who was called to write more than once on the life and spirit of St. Francis, says: “He [Francis] bore Jesus always in his whole body…with amazing love he bore in his heart and always held onto Christ Jesus and Him crucified.”

Indeed, Christ was everything to Francis. So, too, with each of us? Peace and all good, Sister Julie Ann

4. On this Holy Saturday night we pray with all who are being received into the Church, with Tess I sing with you, “Jesus be my everything, teach me how to pray, to live a life of grace.”

5. Kara_M says:

I love this song; I can relate to all of the lyrics and it is so beautiful. Thank you, Tess, for using your musical gifts to minister to others.

6. Tess Narciso says:

Thanks ladies!
    Happy Easter!

7. Leslie says:

Wow Holy Website Batman! I see what you did during spring break. This song has a catchy beat. During the Triduum I often feel that doing anything other than participating in the rich liturgies of the great three days would be a total waste of time. Triduum helps me to put Jesus back at the center of my life. It is the most wonderful time of the year.

8. How cool to hear from you, Tess!

Leslie, we can't help but be touched by your approval of our new look on the website, Tess' energetic music and your deep appreciation for the richness of liturgical prayer. May the Easter Season hold its own inspiration over and over again!

9. Happy Easter to you Tess! Your song is wonderful!

10. It is always great to read your comments Leslie!!! So glad that this Easter time of celebrating Jesus's resurrection is very much in the center of your life!

11. I agree with you 100% Kara!!!!

12. charliebrowntri says:

Love this Tess…I know Jesse and Matt. I run the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale..Maybe you will do a concert here~ Peace my friend.

13. Thanks so much for joining the conversation about this inspiring song!

14. Da Bes says:

Your song is beautiful, incredible, awesome and amazing. We are touched by your lyrics.

Thanks for sharing.

The fifth grade at Saint Theresa School in Kekaha on the Island of Kauai.

15. Sister Julie Ann says:

How wonderful to receive some 'mainland' feedback on Tess' song! Please return often to let us know your thoughts.

16. irenehietpas says:

“Jesus be my Everything” is just awesome !!! So calming and meaningful.

17. I couldn't agree with you more Irene! Easter blessings of peace upon you for sharing your thoughts with us!

18. Jo Ann Duran says:

I loved your song. I was looking for something that would inspire my 12 year old granddaughter and I'am glad I clicked on to this website. I'am sure she'll love it. Thank You for such a beautiful song. I'am a 56 year old grandmother and I just fell in love with it. God Bless you for Jesus being your everything!!!

19. Jesus, be my everything!

20. Jenna says:

Once I let Jesus in my life, I discovered He is everthing I'll ever need. Now I desire for Him to use me to do His will and I will proclaim His glory!

21. the Great says:

Hello,
    Thank you for sharing this song on the FSCC website. Your song is great! The singer has talent in making songs and a beautiful voice. We would love to hear another of your songs.

The Great and Wonderful third grade class at Saint Theresa School Kekaha, HI

22. Brad says:

This song calls us to be leaders and active participantes in the faith!

23. Lee says:

I fall from Jesus a lot and I keep seeking ways to pray that will bring me back to him. I never last long. This song maigh be onto something when Tess sings, “teach me how to pray.”

24. SueAnn says:

This song to me is someone calling out for help from God, looking for guidance. She wants to live life ofa true follower of God. This song to me shows a person who is searching fro the light, she knows its there but has lost sight of it at times.

It reminds me of not only myself but of some friends of mine who have lost sight of things even if for a brief time, then they search again for that peace.

25. Thanks so much great and wonderful third grade class at St. Theresa School in Kekaha, HI! I agree that you have wonderful taste–this song is beautiful and I too hope to hear another of her songs here!

26. We are so glad to share this meaningful song of Jesus by such a talented artist with all of you! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with all of us!

27. Eric says:

This song says to me that Jesus is everything and Jesus is my everything as well!