no images were found
Unlike the classic definition of Grand Tour (essentially an academic’s pilgrimage to Rome by upper-class young Europeans searching for art, culture, fashion and increased language skills), a present day Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Grand Tour is all about respecting and building relationships.
Franciscan Postulants, Kara Martin and Marie Wilhelm along with Vocation Directors, Sister Mary Ann Spanjers, OSF and Sister Julie Ann Sheahan, OSF, embarked on a road trip February 26-March 1, 2010 to Grand Rapids, MI. They responded to an invitation from Kara’s Alma Mater, Aquinas College, desiring to build a personal bridge across Lake Michigan between the Franciscan Sisters and the college. The itinerary included time spent at this hospitable Dominican place of higher learning and so much more.
- Eucharistic Liturgies at Kara’s home parish of St. Thomas the Apostle with the added delight of a community-building Asian cuisine dinner in the parish hall on Saturday evening
- Treasured time with Kara’s family
- Sunday morning Eucharistic liturgy with the Catholic Diocese of Grand Rapids’ Chief Shepherd, Bishop Walter Hurley
- Formal and informal Aquinas College Campus Ministry activities on Sunday night and Monday morning
- Praise and Worship music, candlelight Eucharistic Procession and Adoration with Arise Young Adults
- Presentations in some religion classes at Catholic Central High School
Spiritually-uplifted after the time spent with the wonderful people of Grand Rapids, the Franciscan pilgrims traveled home confident that the personal bridge between Manitowoc and this awesome Michigan city is well under construction.