Read About Weekend Anniversary Celebrations of Joy

by Sister Julie Ann on September 13, 2009

no images were found

Between a Cup O Joy coffee house 20 year Anniversary Benefit Concert celebrating img_6450.jpg‘music that inspires’ and a Diocese of Green Bay Jubilarian Eucharistic Liturgy recognizing the sacrificial service of religious women observing 25, 50, 60, 70 and 75 years of vowed life, the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity were involved in a joyous weekend of good news and meaningful reflection.

First, on Saturday, September 12, 2009, Cup O Joy’s special guests Joy Williams and Shawn McDonald, led an evening of song and inspiration at the Meyer Theatre in downtown Green Bay, WI. The Cup o Joy is a non-denominational Christian weekend staff-benefit-2008-small.jpghang out for people desiring good music and fellowship in a family environment that relies on donations and dedicated volunteers. Some of the artists highlighted on Franciscanized World have also given stage presence at the ‘Cup’ over the years. Friends of the Franciscan Sisters from UW Green Bay and UW Stevens Point along with postulants Marie Wilhelm and Kara Martin were among those who enjoyed the concert.

img_6449.jpgSunday, September 13, 2009, jubilarians from eight congregations were honored at the 2 p.m. St. Francis Xavier Cathedral Eucharistic Celebration and reception. Bishop David Ricken of the Diocese of Green Bay presided at the Sunday Eucharist and the Green Bay Diocesan Advisory Board for Religious planned the event. A Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity music troupe were invited to play for the liturgy.

Where did you find joy this weekend?

10 thoughts on “Read About Weekend Anniversary Celebrations of Joy”

1. Sister Natalie says:

A joy for me is being a member of the Green Bay Diocesan Advisory Board for Religious. It has been an enriching experience working with other Women Religious to plan the Diocesan Jubilee celebration. Congratulations to all the Sister Jubilarians and the Congregations each one represents. God’s blessings abound!

2. Both the ‘Cup’ concert and the Sisters’ St. Francis Xavier Cathedral liturgy were joyous. Good people can make a difference-in fact it makes our world sing!

3. Carolyn Helms says:

I went to high school with Sr. Pam and believe, she was dynamite then and as well as now!! A blessing to have known her.

4. Pam Newsom says:

The clients I work with at Pioneer Center. Being able see the joy they have when I come into work.

5. Thanks for your comments, Pam and Carolyn. Exceptionally good people do make happiness abound.

6. Sister June says:

I am one of the Golden Jubilarians.
    I want to express my gratitude to Bishop Ricken and all those who planned the liturgy and the reception.
    It was Wonderful.

7. What a rich and beautiful tribute to those who make our lives more full!

This weekend at St. Raphael, Oshkosh, excitement was high as our LifeTeen 6:00 PM Sunday evening Mass resumed. The music was uplifting, the homily inspiring and the congregation engaged. The LifeNight featured a tail gate party and community building. Faith, food and football go well together!

St. Mary parishes of Winneconne and Omro celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation with Bishop Banks at the 6:00PM Mass on Saturday. What a way to begin an academic year… the strengthening of the Holy Spirit and the joy of the Gifts of the Spirit.

Looks like this was a “fruitful” weekend in many ways.

8. Sister Mary Bodwin says:

The pictures of the Celebration of Joy are very beautiful. I spoke to some of the sisters and they were so impressed with the Bishop,s talk.
    It was nice to see so many sisters present.
    Sister Mary Bodwin

9. Sister Rosangela Weiland says:

I am on the Diocesan Advisory Board also, and it was so wonderful to see the joy on the faces of all the Jubilarians as well as the other Sisters and guests. It truly was a beautiful celebration. Besides the meaningful message of the Bishop, it was a joy to see Tom Mahoney serving the Church as a Deacon. God calls all of us to serve Him in some way.

10. Ernesto DeSantiago says:

Wow, sounds like fun. I am just happy that many of you guys had a blast. I found joy last weekend by helping my secondary church, St. Francis of Ascci and their BBQ. They had a good turn out. I also performed with my chior class. We did ok. haha. I am glad you guys got together and worshiped.