Do you want the fire of God’s love? Ten young women, ages 18-30, prayed for an outpouring of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as they gathered at the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity’s Motherhouse for a Pentecost Retreat Weekend, May 29-31, 2009.
Each young woman was the reason the vocation discernment retreat was such a blessing. Here are some of the common qualities of the participants:
- willing to go the distance for something important (that included coming from AZ, MD, MO, IL, MI, MN, and WI )
- consider family important
- involved in campus ministry, parishes, mission trips; interested in issues affecting the poor
- listen to liturgical as well as other music for prayer
- open to adventure
- contemplative-finding God in the substance of daily life as well as in front of the Eucharistic Lord
- enjoy a good conversation on various topics
- in awe of the beauty of God’s creation and find it a natural reflection
- desire a simple life
- like doing things with and for others e.g. music outreach at St. Thomas Parish, Newton, WI
Future Franciscan Discernment Retreat Weekends are slated for October 2-4 and November 13-15, 2009, and February 12-14 and May 21-23, 2010. If these times are not convenient and you are a young woman interested in knowing more about the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, please fill out our on-line inquiry form.
(Photos: Jaslyn Gilbert Photography)
How did this year’s feast of Pentecost touch your life?