Meet New FSCC Novice: Sister Pamela Catherine Peasel, OSF

by Sister Julie Ann on June 14, 2009

At a June 13, 2009 early-evening ceremony, the Franciscan feast of St. Anthony Franciscan Sisters receptionof Padua, the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity witnessed the Rite of Initiation into Religious Life for Sister Pamela Catherine Peasel, OSF. (Read again about her August 2008 arrival to Manitowoc, WI.)

After presenting the new novice with her religious name, Sister Louise Hembrecht, Community Director, prayed this prayer:

Lord God, you gave us the desire to hear your call. Listen favorably to the prayers of your servant, Sister Pamela Catherine, as she asks to join our Community. Grant that our life in common may become a communion of love. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Sister Louise also prayed this blessing:

Sister Pamela Catherine, may the Lord of peace make you perfect and holy; and may you be kept safe and blameless, spirit, soul and body, for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. God has called you and He will not fail you. (1 Thes. 5:23)

Sister Natalie Binversie, OSF, was again entrusted with the responsiblity to ensure that the novices learn the primary essentials of Religious Life and to live out the evangelical counsels.

Do you desire to give your life to God? Check out the FSCC retreats.

16 thoughts on “Meet New FSCC Novice: Sister Pamela Catherine Peasel, OSF”

1. What a JOY to celebrate your Reception into the novitiate Sister Pamela Catherine!!!! It is a blessing to be part of your journey and to see you grow more in love with Jesus! My prayers and sisterly love are with you!

2. Sharon Peasel says:

Greetings to my daughter Sister Pamela Catherine. What a JOY you have brought to our family. We all are so happy for you and your new step in your journey. The pictures are super. May the Lord guide you and hold you in his loving arms.
    Love
    Mom

3. The atmosphere in the chapel Saturday evening was so joyfilled, so electric with happiness as we welcomed our newest “sister”. Not only was it a happy evening because of the reception, we also saw sisters we have not seen for a year and the reunions are never without gladness and stories of the past year. Not only was Sister Pamela Catherine “received” we once again “received” each other into our hearts.

4. Go forward, Sister Pamela Catherine, ‘securely, JOYfully, and swiftly, on the path of prudent happiness… for we rejoice in the good things of the Lord that He works in you through His grace.’ (St. Clare)

Note: I would agree the excitement of our Sisters was high. You would have thought the ceremony was set for fifteen minutes earlier by how the crowd gathered in chapel.

5. Sister June says:

Congratulations Sister Pamela Catherine,
    May God bless you as you begin your journey in discerning your vocation as a Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity.
    I am very proud of being apart of your Postulant formation team.
    May the Joy of Christ be always with you,
    Sister June

6. Sister Rosangela says:

Sister Pamela Catherine, being part of the Postulant Team with you was a real Joy. I thank God that I could see His work in you as you grew from a quiet, shy young women into the most Joyful, exuberant person you are today. I know God will continue to work in you. Remember, as a member of your “crowd”, I will always be happy to help you in any way I can.

7. Sister Rosangela says:

Sister Rosangela

8. Sister Pat Sevcik says:

Sister Pamela Catherine, how good it is to have walked with you and mentored you the past year. It was such a joy to be part of the celebration of your Reception. I saw tears in some eyes and had some in my own during all that took place Saturday evening. May God continue to bless and keep you as you journey into 2010 with Sr. Natalie, your directress, and Sister Chiara, your companion in the Novitiate. I am so proud of you! Sister Pat

9. Linda Rhode says:

Dear Sister Pamela Catherine,

You have been such a blessing to you parents and now will be one for the Francisan Sisters of Christian Chartiy. Maybe your love and light continue to grow and shine as you walk on this most precious journey God has intended for you. May He bless you and watch over you all the days of you life.

Love, Linda

10. Sr. Delores Wisnicky says:

What a blessed night and holy experience for us all! I am so happy I could experience the reception of Sr. Pamela Catherine. I am grateful that you had a mission experience with us at Roncalli. You are a blessing! God is doing wonderful things in you… My love and prayers are with you!

11. Cindy Anderson says:

Congratulations Sister Pamela on your Rite of Initiation into Reglious Life with the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. Your smile tells it all. May Jesus continue to shine through you and your wonderful ministry! May the prayers of St. Francis and St. Clare be with you and God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit remain with you always.
    Peace and Love in Christ,
    Cindy Anderson

12. How wonderful to hear from Sister Pamela Catherine’s family and friends! Each of our vocations includes the support of so many others who have nurtured us for the long haul.

Today a few of us Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are providing music for the wedding of Judy Turba, sister of our Sister Anne Turba. We feel so blessed to be there to support Judy and Mike as they pronounce their marriage vows at St. Anne’s Church, St. Anna, WI.

13. Sister Pamela Catherine says:

Thank you to all for the beautiful comments! Reception night was filled with much joy and it has equally been a joyous beginning into the novitiate! To my postulancy team, I can’t thank you enough for all the support and prayers over the past year! (and for teaching me how to play a good hand of Hand and Foot 🙂 ) Thank you very much Linda and Cindy for your comments and prayers, know that you will be in mine. And Mom!! You and Dad, Ken and Greg, Tim and Diane (and yes, even Maggie and Gigi) are my joy and I thank God for having the blessing of such a beautiful family. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. I love you all and will always hold you close to my heart!

14. Linda Windom-Tripp says:

The pictures look like you were beaming! I am so proud of you and feel so blessed to call you my friend. You give me courage and motivate me by your example in the way you are serving the Lord. I hope I can follow your example and do my small part back here in my community. Take care and God bless.

15. Ryan Delaney says:

Sister Pamela Catherine,

Thank you from your fellow parishioner for your generous response to the call of Christ. Please know that all the men here at Saint John Vianney Seminary are praying for you.

Pax et bonum!