Franciscan Sister Theology Studies

by Sister Julie Ann on January 1, 2008

Sr. Marie Kolbe, a Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity, discusses her studies at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome.

8 thoughts on “Franciscan Sister Theology Studies”

1. Kelsey says:

Sister Marie Kolbe-
    Greetings from Pennsylvania! What a wonderful testimony! What a blessing to be able to study in Rome, such a beautifully made video too!

2. Christie Weber says:

I loved the video. I am glad to see that Sr. Marie Kolbe is doing well! I know it must be challenging being so far away and having to deal with the language barriers and learning barriers. Know you are in my prayers, Sister, and I wish you peace and enlightenment in your studies.
    Pax et bonum…Christie

3. Sister Marie Kolbe Zamora says:

Dear Kelsey,
    It is indeed a blessing to study in Rome. I have always been convinced that women who love the the Lord and his Church need to study theology. This time in Rome has not only deepened this conviction, but I would encourage anyone (particularly any young woman) who is interested to study here. It is not as prohibitive an endeavour as it might seem at first.

Where in PA are you from? I was born in Levittown, but my family left when I was just a year old for warmer climates?

Peace to you – know of my prayers!

4. Sister Marie Kolbe Zamora says:

Dear Christie,
    Your comments caused me to reflect on how often we encounter language and learning barriers right at home, in English! Hopefully one of the fruits of any immersion experience like the one I am living at the moment is a greater sensitivity to and patience with misunderstanding. Even, then, from a cultural point of view, I would highly recommend study abroad for a time – even just a semester would do! Blessings and peace!

5. Kelsey says:

Sister Marie Kolbe-
    I live in Pittsburgh but go to school in Latrobe, I’m not familiar with Levittown though. We did the opposite, my family and I moved from Phoenix about 10 years ago.
    I am thinking of studying in Rome with the Emmanuel School of Mission program and am going there this summer for a few weeks with my school’s campus ministry. Maybe we’ll run into each other. 🙂

6. Gabbi says:

Blessings to you from an old sister friend now in Houston! It is good to see you do what you love.