Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are on the road meeting with Catholic young people and inviting feedback on some of life’s deeper questions. Religious Education students at Sacred Heart Parish, Nekoosa, WI, and Xavier High School juniors, Appleton, WI, recently answered simple surveys responding to questions important to discernment.
Here is some prioritized student feedback:
- spending time with people I love
- my friends
- my family
- doing something I enjoy e.g. running, reading, playing piano, singing, when competing
- when successful
- God in my life
- when I’m listening to music
- eat delicious food and enough sleep
- almost all the time
- no stress or worries
Who are people you admire?
- my parents
- my Mom e.g. her courage, strength, self-sacrifice, well rounded, works hard; gives good advice
- my Dad e.g. because he is calm and rational when stressful situation occurs;started from the bottom and he overcame poverty and gives me opportunity to come to U.S.
- Grandma e.g. strong willed, doesn’t let anything bring her down
- Grandpa e.g. never gives up, keeps fighting
- my sister
- other individuals
- my uncle
- my classmates
- my friends
- people with courage; people who take on leadership roles because they know who they are
What is something you fear?
- being alone
- my plans for the future; college
- loosing close friends
- specific animals, rodents
- being judged, left out, betrayed
- being kidnaped, attacked, raped, murdered
- public speaking
- loosing control of myself or situation
- offending God
How would you answer these questions?