Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity welcomed 7 young women, ages 18-25, for ‘ A Spiral of Love’ Franciscan Discernment Retreat on November 12-14, 2010.
Weekend guests left their professional and academic lives on hold to board planes and drive miles to contemplate their deepest desires with us. In essence Scripture and saintly models of virtue were suggested for possible spiritual reflection as a means of discovering the mystery of God.
Here’s some feedback from the retreatants.
How did this retreat touch your life?
- I realized how amazing and full of the grace of God this life is.
- It gave me the opportunity to refocus my discernment and to meet other women that are discerning too.
- I really enjoyed how we were part of the Motherhouse and see how they live. Having that experience is wonderful.
- I really liked the reflection/prayer time that we had because it gave me time to think things through and let them sink in.
- I enjoyed the movie since my saint was St. Clare.
- It really helped me slow down and know that God’s plan will work out and that if you listen God will speak in some of the strongest ways.
- I feel like I came in being really confused, but this weekend helped.
- It really helped me open my heart and mind to our God’s will. I go with confidence in Him.
Was there any part of the retreat you especially appreciated?
- The time of prayer in silence with God was just amazing!
- I loved getting to know the Novices and Postulants. Hearing their stories was great!
- Getting to know the Sisters was a great experience.
- Learning about St. Elizabeth of Hungary; learning about the different saints on Friday night.
- Mass and silent and community prayer
Happily the young women joined Postulants, Novice and Sisters for music outreach at Holy Family Parish, Brillion on Saturday evening for Sunday Eucharist. Interaction with this faith community provided more moments of seeing the spiral of God’s love in genuinely good people. We were grateful for this opportunity!
Are you called to be with us for our February Discernment Retreat?